Best Uni/courses for biochemistry? Watch

UJustGotLittUp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can anyone recommend the best unis for biochemistry? like the ones that might have the highest employment prospects?

Also any courses in particular that you've found interesting in terms of the modules that are taught, for example I really lik eht osund of the course at kings because theres a little bit of biomed in there but I wouldn't want to do a full biomed degree

Thanks in advance
UJustGotLittUp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
BUMP
UniofReading
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UJustGotLittUp)
Can anyone recommend the best unis for biochemistry? like the ones that might have the highest employment prospects?

Also any courses in particular that you've found interesting in terms of the modules that are taught, for example I really lik eht osund of the course at kings because theres a little bit of biomed in there but I wouldn't want to do a full biomed degree

Thanks in advance
Have you considered the University of Reading?

You can view our Biochemistry course here as well as the module specifications
Unistats have published some data including student satisfaction, job prospects etc.

Mark
Final Year Accounting and Management
JamesD1888
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Might I recommend Swansea University. I study Medical Genetics there, so our our course overlaps with the Biochemists largely throughout the degree. Biochemistry degrees are incorporated into the Medical School at Swansea (6th best in UK) and 2nd in UK for research quality in REF 2014. 90% of Swansea Life science grads in further study or employment after 6 months also. Don't forget the beach across the road too!
Courses at Swansea University
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JamesD1888)
Might I recommend Swansea University. I study Medical Genetics there, so our our course overlaps with the Biochemists largely throughout the degree. Biochemistry degrees are incorporated into the Medical School at Swansea (6th best in UK) and 2nd in UK for research quality in REF 2014. 90% of Swansea Life science grads in further study or employment after 6 months also. Don't forget the beach across the road too!
Thanks, James! Further to what James has said, please feel free to browse some of our Biochemistry degree pages.

Any questions, please do ask!
typicalvirgo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Imperial/UCL/Oxford are in the top 4
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (93)
13.72%
The paper was reasonable (375)
55.31%
Not feeling great about that exam... (159)
23.45%
It was TERRIBLE (51)
7.52%

Watched Threads