Rzan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,

I have a BSc in Architecture and I am interested in pursuing a master in Real estate Management and development. I read somewhere that most employers look for graduates of business and finance. Now Oxford Brookes, Heriot Watt, and UWE offer conversion courses in Real Estate. I guess my question is, how valid are these conversion courses in the real world of employment?
How do employer perceive graduates of such course?
Is it a good idea to entertain at all?
am I better of doing CPM?

as the cost of UK education is high for an international student I want to really think it thoroughly.
Thank you,
Heriot-Watt University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Rzan,

Our basic academic qualification is achieving a degree equivalent of a UK 2:2 honours under-graduate degree. Whilst we can allow good applicants into the programme with a ‘non-cognate’ background, your degree in Architecture is ‘semi-cognate’ and would improve your profile.

Heriot-Watt’s PG Real Estate programmes are seen as a mature and quality series of programmes. Our alumni are employed across the public, private and consultancy sectors of real estate. We carry full RICS recognition.

Please check out our web site at Heriot-Watt Real Estate.

Let me know if you have any questions

Best,

Colin Elliot
Programmes Leader: PG Real Estate

(Original post by Rzan)
Hello,

I have a BSc in Architecture and I am interested in pursuing a master in Real estate Management and development. I read somewhere that most employers look for graduates of business and finance. Now Oxford Brookes, Heriot Watt, and UWE offer conversion courses in Real Estate. I guess my question is, how valid are these conversion courses in the real world of employment?
How do employer perceive graduates of such course?
Is it a good idea to entertain at all?
am I better of doing CPM?

as the cost of UK education is high for an international student I want to really think it thoroughly.
Thank you,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (40)
7.72%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (301)
58.11%
No (177)
34.17%

Watched Threads