joem2104
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am interested in doing outdoor education at either of these uni's, leaning more towards Chichester however. I just want to know general stuff about both places (support from lecturers, campus feel, surrounding city, accommodation). I have been to open days at both but want peoples opinions.
University of Chichester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey Joem2104!

Great to hear you're interested in the University of Chichester for Outdoor and Adventure Education.

Our Adventure Education degree is really exciting and hands-on, you'll have a placement year with recent students working with a dog sled team in Norway to teaching kayaking in New Zealand! Check out her blog: http://social.chi.ac.uk/blogs/work-w...of-your-degree

Our class sizes are small so you can really get to know your tutors, we were also ranked 9th out of 119 for satisfaction with teaching by The Guardian League Tables 2017and our Institute of Sport got 91% in teaching satisfaction in the NSS 2016.

The community vibe of the campus is something most students love about studying with us. In regards to the city, Chichester Canal is really popular with kayakers and paddle boarders so a great place to practice if you're into water sports, plus we have West Witterings beach nearby. There's also lots of nice places to eat (and drink), galleries, cinemas etc, all things you'd expect from a city.

If you apply to us before 15 January you are guaranteed a place in halls and the on-campus halls where the Adventure Education degree is taught is literally a stones throw from your lecture rooms.

Check out our Snapchat if you haven't already to get a taste of student life here: chiuni.

Hope this helps!
psychoem17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, I have never been to Southampton, but after attending Portsmouth for a few months (and hating it) I dropped out and reapplied to Chichester Uni. The university is great for sports and it has a real 'community' feel to the campus where it is all contained to one area, there are great social areas and well as great resources. Where it is a small university the amount of support you get from lecturers is amazing and so many more opportunities. I went from a course with 200 to one with 40 and it is so much better! You get to know people really well, every face you see on campus becomes familiar! However, do what is best for yourself. Make sure you attend as many open days and get a feel for as many sized universities as you can- i know you've been to these two but maybe try a few more just to be certain, find out about the social life (Southampton is better than Chichester) and what other opportunities you can gain from your courses. Good Luck.
EdwardBarfield9
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Chichester is great! Two of my flat mates and several of my mates I've met through them are on the outdoor ed course and they really like it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (24)
26.97%
No (50)
56.18%
Don't know (15)
16.85%

Watched Threads