_random_student
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am very interested in biology and have dug deeper to try and do a topic around evolutionary biology, and more specifically, Darwin. My teacher says that doing it generally on Darwin and his theory of evolution is to vague. So my current ideas consist of the following:
---Why Darwin was the most important naturalist in history
---The significance of Darwin’s research to create his theory of evolution
---How did the study of fossils strengthen the theory of evolution?

What thoughts would TSR have on these, and are there any tips on EPQ to help me decide on a topic or just EPQ in general.
Thanks in advance
Spratty
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How about rearrangement and evolution of mitochondrial genomes in animals?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26291569
_random_student
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spratty)
How about rearrangement and evolution of mitochondrial genomes in animals?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26291569
Thank you for the advice, I will consider that topic but I worry that there will not be enough material. It definitely intrigues me though and I will research into it
azizadil1998
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't have any ideas for your EQP - Extended Qualification Project But you shouldn't ask others, it will be your own project, so brainstorm fields and subjects which you have a natural curiosity for, like something you had questions about which you wanted answers to..
_random_student
Rep:
?
(Original post by azizadil1998)
I don't have any ideas for your EQP - Extended Qualification Project But you shouldn't ask others, it will be your own project, so brainstorm fields and subjects which you have a natural curiosity for, like something you had questions about which you wanted answers to..
That sounds like a good idea, I will do a quick brainstorm and try to think of interesting questions and will hopefully come up with something good.
Oh and what do you think about my current ideas stated above for my EPQ; too vague or do they seem okay?
azizadil1998
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by _random_student)
That sounds like a good idea, I will do a quick brainstorm and try to think of interesting questions and will hopefully come up with something good.
Oh and what do you think about my current ideas stated above for my EPQ; too vague or do they seem okay?
They are definitely not vague and seem quite interesting, I'm sure you can get a loooot of sources and research done for them aha. But find one which really interests you and stick to it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (32)
32.65%
No - I have already returned home (10)
10.2%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (23)
23.47%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (6)
6.12%
No - I live at home during term anyway (27)
27.55%

Watched Threads