How much work is required for D*D*D* honestly?

Watch
Spratty
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm currently doing a level 3 extended diploma in IT and I'm astounded as to how easy this course is. In my first year, out of 18 units I got 9 Distinctions. This second year seems about the same difficulty.

It's surprising that universities accept this course for computer science. I did AS-levels previously and I'd say that BTEC courses are much more easier in terms of the theory. Yes, I know, there is more work that goes into it...but the theory that is taught to students is much, much more simplified than what you learn during A-levels.

Honestly, I dont understand the people who get the grades under DDD....
DiscreetBinger
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is quite easy actually. I am predicted D*D*D* in Business, although, I've heard that IT is easier but I may be wrong. I think its just that sometimes the workload is a lot and some people miss deadlines, resulting in being capped in that unit.
Nirvana1989-1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personal problems, jesus....it's not just down to 'not trying'.

I do Applied Science, by the way.
EpIC_RaGE
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Spratty)
I'm currently doing a level 3 extended diploma in IT and I'm astounded as to how easy this course is. In my first year, out of 18 units I got 9 Distinctions. This second year seems about the same difficulty.

It's surprising that universities accept this course for computer science. I did AS-levels previously and I'd say that BTEC courses are much more easier in terms of the theory. Yes, I know, there is more work that goes into it...but the theory that is taught to students is much, much more simplified than what you learn during A-levels.

Honestly, I don't know how you will progress in life with that cocky arrogant attitude. The extended diploma is worth 3 A-levels for a reason. I myself am taking the extended diploma in applied science, and it is NOT easy. Most of the theory is in conjunction with A-levels and to some degree, we actually have more "hands on" experience, hence the qualification being vocational.
Its great to see how "easy" you find your course, hell maybe your going to be the next bill gates! I wish you luck to the future.
Spratty
Rep:
?
(Original post by EpIC_RaGE)
Honestly, I don't know how you will progress in life with that cocky arrogant attitude. The extended diploma is worth 3 A-levels for a reason. I myself am taking the extended diploma in applied science, and it is NOT easy. Most of the theory is in conjunction with A-levels and to some degree, we actually have more "hands on" experience, hence the qualification being vocational.
Its great to see how "easy" you find your course, hell maybe your going to be the next bill gates! I wish you luck to the future.
Really sorry if I came across as arrogant...but in my opinion I see A-levels as harder qualifications
EpIC_RaGE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)

Applying for uni this year?
Nirvana1989-1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Applying for uni this year?
Yep.
Just waiting for my reference.

Are you?
reim123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

IT genius
EpIC_RaGE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, just finished my personal statement, I cant decide on biomedical science or chemical engineering (with foundation), my PS is versatile so I can suit it to any science degree. Im too indecisive, ive researched a lot about the employment and future of biomedical scientists, and how engineers are needed, but I will have to step up on my maths, what have u applied for?
Nirvana1989-1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, just finished my personal statement, I cant decide on biomedical science or chemical engineering (with foundation), my PS is versatile so I can suit it to any science degree. Im too indecisive, ive researched a lot about the employment and future of biomedical scientists, and how engineers are needed, but I will have to step up on my maths, what have u applied for?
That's awesome.

Can I ask, what are you predicted?

And, Psychology.
reim123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's awesome.

And, Psychology.
nirvana you study science ?
Nirvana1989-1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by reim123)
nirvana you study science ?
Applied Science/Forensics.
EpIC_RaGE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's awesome.

And, Psychology.
Sorry for late reply, I was on lunch break. I'm on forensics course too. I guess u did the psych units. I've done all the forensic, criminal, psychology & criminology units. Was sooooo longgggg, but I made it. I'm predicted all 3 D*s, I got D* last year. Didn't even know it existed lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
EpIC_RaGE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was considering becoming a clinical psychologist, but it would be awkward being the only male guy during academic years.

Oh and it's boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blackstarr
Report 4 years ago
I just hope i dont fail my btec this year
Nirvana1989-1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry for late reply, I was on lunch break. I'm on forensics course too. I guess u did the psych units. I've done all the forensic, criminal, psychology & criminology units. Was sooooo longgggg, but I made it. I'm predicted all 3 D*s, I got D* last year. Didn't even know it existed lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's okay.

We're doing that one this year. The Psychology one's my favourite haha. That's awesome, you did really well .
Spratty
Rep:
?
I was talking about the BTEC Course IT. I was not talking about BTEC in a broad sense.

I did AS level ICT. BTEC IT is much more dumbed down compared to its exam based counterpart.

I have friends who also did AS Levels (Sciences) and got 2-4 U grades.They did applied science too and got DDD, which apparently holds the same weight as AAA. Theory is much easier in BTEC mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TeenRose29
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

:eek:
Sameeee! :five:
I gave unit 43.5 for biology in today,
EpIC_RaGE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was talking about the BTEC Course IT. I was not talking about BTEC in a broad sense.

I did AS level ICT. BTEC IT is much more dumbed down compared to its exam based counterpart.

I have friends who also did AS Levels (Sciences) and got 2-4 U grades.They did applied science too and got DDD, which apparently holds the same weight as AAA. Theory is much easier in BTEC mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
" I did AS-levels previously and I'd say that BTEC courses are much more easier in terms of the theory. Yes, I know, there is more work that goes into it...but the theory that is taught to students is much, much more simplified than what you learn during A-levels. "

Okay. "Mate"

My mistake.
Nirvana1989-1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
:eek:
Sameeee! :five:
I gave unit 43.5 for biology in today,
Applied Science?

And, that's awesome. :five:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.37%
I don't have everything I need (308)
43.63%

Watched Threads