Dating websites!

Watch
Chrisstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, everyone!

What do you think about using of dating websites in searching of your life partner?
Is it possible to find love online? What do you think? Tell me about your experience!
username1726117
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I personally think they're rubbish, but there's plenty of people who've had success on them.
HawkEyeArcher
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My cost-benefit analysis of asking out someone I know isn't high enough so I resort to having the guarantee of "hey, they like my face".
Some people do have success but if anything, you can get some dating experience out of it (and I got a booty call off Tinder once).
jay2013
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chrisstar)
Hi, everyone!

What do you think about using of dating websites in searching of your life partner?
Is it possible to find love online? What do you think? Tell me about your experience!
Forget about dating websites. Forget about finding your life partner. There's no such thing as a life partner. The opposite gender will just use you and bleed you dry until you have nothing left, not even your dignity, and you're left to wither and die by yourself. Do yourself a favour, don't waste your money on the opposite gender, save your money, buy your own place and starting using your hands more. Your hands will never abandon you (unless they get cut off), they'll never exclude you, never mock you, never laugh at you, never ask for things beyond your control.

And there is no such thing as love. It's all a lie. All an illusion designed to fool you into parting with your money for someone who will never think twice about hurting you.
jamesthehustler
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jay2013)
And there is no such thing as love. It's all a lie. All an illusion designed to fool you into parting with your money for someone who will never think twice about hurting you.
don't pull that stuff on me
that makes a lot of my sales figure
jay2013
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jamesthehustler)
don't pull that stuff on me
that makes a lot of my sales figure
Hide your money in some off-shore bank accounts, don't let those b****** any where near it. I hear you can get some good deals in Panama.
jamesthehustler
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hide your money in some off-shore bank accounts, don't let those b****** any where near it. I hear you can get some good deals in Panama.
but then they don't give it back when the world is collapsing
buy diamonds, silver and gold as that stuff is useful and worth a f**ktonwhen everything else is failing
jay2013
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jamesthehustler)
but then they don't give it back when the world is collapsing
buy diamonds, silver and gold as that stuff is useful and worth a f**ktonwhen everything else is failing
Very true now that I actually think about it. I've repped you for sharing your wisdom.
Livvyxo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it's a good way to meet new people and practice going on dates! 'dating' isn't something we typically do in the UK, (compared to the US I mean)
It's just a pain in the arse dealing with the creeps - always be well prepared with witty retorts and the block button!!
jamesthehustler
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Very true now that I actually think about it. I've repped you for sharing your wisdom.
you have to remember, Jordan what happened after aunt Emma died how they refused to give back your money
username1726117
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Forget about dating websites. Forget about finding your life partner. There's no such thing as a life partner. The opposite gender will just use you and bleed you dry until you have nothing left, not even your dignity, and you're left to wither and die by yourself. Do yourself a favour, don't waste your money on the opposite gender, save your money, buy your own place and starting using your hands more. Your hands will never abandon you (unless they get cut off), they'll never exclude you, never mock you, never laugh at you, never ask for things beyond your control.

And I thought I was cynical. :laugh:
Orbital Rising
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We have a great Muslim dating section on TSR.
junayd1998
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
TSR is a dating site.
CraigBackner
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chrisstar)
Hi, everyone!

i think there for loser who cant get a bf or gf in real life
CraigBackner
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

why you so bitter?, just because you've never had a gf who acctually loves you
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My mum actually met my step dad on a dating site - I think it was the friends reunited version. They have been together for nearly 8 years, and married over 5 years I know some of my friends have met people on dating sites, and tinder! And they've had good relationships from them. I've never used them personally, I've always had relationships from mutual friends or friendships, but worth a try I reckon as long as you use them safely
VaticanCameos
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think personally you can find the right people on dating websites but obviously like in the "real word" dating is complex and it'll take time and effort to find someone (There are a lot of weirdo's on dating websites but you get that everywhere). I've used Tinder and OkCupid and had luck with those before.
jay2013
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CraigBackner)
why you so bitter?, just because you've never had a gf who acctually loves you
Exactly! Finally someone who understands!
CraigBackner
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Exactly! Finally someone who understands!
lol your such a loser
jay2013
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CraigBackner)
lol your such a loser
You're*

You're welcome! :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (169)
14.68%
I'm not sure (53)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (338)
29.37%
I have already dropped out (34)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (557)
48.39%

Watched Threads