suleman2013
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Dear Sir/Madam:

I am an EU student who is in third year. I started my university course in 2014 and came to the UK in 2013. I know that as an EU student I am entitled to Tuition Fees, but in order to get Maintenance Loan, as I have not been living in the UK for three years prior to the start of my course I am not entitled to Maintenance loan automatically. In order to get this I was advised to apply as a migrant worker by student finance England. I have applied this and supplied all the evidences required. All the time scale has passed. My application has not yet been processed by the migrant worker team. They asked for evidences at end of September 2016 and I sent them in first week of October 2016. I called them and they confirmed that the evidences have been received and will be assessed by the migrant worker team and the time scale for processing the application is 01st of november 2016. Still the application is pending and the migrant worker team have not yet looked at my application. I am really stressed, my university have started and this issue has not been resolved yet. My university is asking for fees, my university has sent me an email to sort the fees or warned me that I could be expelled from the University. I am calling every week to the student finance england to ask the progress of the application, but only thing that I hear is that they will send an email to the migrant worker team to review my application. Can you please advise me how long does it takes to process an application with migrant worker team and what I should do in order to resolve this situation. I am really worried. Looking forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Muhammad
Pamela SFE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Muhammad

I'm sorry to hear that your application has not been updated yet. The migrant worker team can take 4-6 weeks to process evidence but if this time has passed we should have an update for you.
I would advise you to call back so we can look into this for you and make sure there is no evidence outstanding: 0300 100 0607

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (121)
65.05%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
20.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
13.98%

Watched Threads