Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    since i left college i only still talk to about 5 of my friends, 3 of these say clubbing isn't their thing, 1 of them has gone abroad and one goes clubbing but with her own friends. how can i get to go clubbing more over summer lol :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    since i left college i only still talk to about 5 of my friends, 3 of these say clubbing isn't their thing, 1 of them has gone abroad and one goes clubbing but with her own friends. how can i get to go clubbing more over summer lol :confused:
    Go with mates outside college?

ReputationRep:
    Ask your one friend if you can tag along one night, try to get to know other people that are out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    Ask your one friend if you can tag along one night, try to get to know other people that are out.
    the thing is she only goes out with them once in a while because her friends are on drugs :eek: i wanna try and keep away from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    the thing is she only goes out with them once in a while because her friends are on drugs :eek: i wanna try and keep away from them
    Hmm, drugs are bad (mmk), as others have suggested, is there anyone else you could go with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    Hmm, drugs are bad (mmk), as others have suggested, is there anyone else you could go with?
    no thats the thing, they all say their not keen on pubs etc and so wont go but i actually want to for a change im not close friends with any1 who goes out at the moment though. im a first class geek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    no thats the thing, they all say their not keen on pubs etc and so wont go but i actually want to for a change im not close friends with any1 who goes out at the moment though. im a first class geek
    Tch, I'm an utter geek too, hasn't stopped me going out, I know it's a while to wait but on results day meet up with a few of your friends and persuade them that now is the time to go out

Failing that come to Darlington and we'll make you more than welcome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    Tch, I'm an utter geek too, hasn't stopped me going out, I know it's a while to wait but on results day meet up with a few of your friends and persuade them that now is the time to go out

Failing that come to Darlington and we'll make you more than welcome!
    good idea, i'll give it a try although it wont be much of a celebration as ive failed :rolleyes: im hoping to go out more at uni but since im living at home in a different town to the university, its gonna be dam hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    good idea, i'll give it a try although it wont be much of a celebration as ive failed :rolleyes: im hoping to go out more at uni but since im living at home in a different town to the university, its gonna be dam hard
    Celebration or drowning your sorrows, the way I (and most of my friends) view it there's no excuse not to go out on results day! Which university are you going to? I'm sure you'll meet plenty of new friends at uni, seems to happen in most cases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    Celebration or drowning your sorrows, the way I (and most of my friends) view it there's no excuse not to go out on results day! Which university are you going to? I'm sure you'll meet plenty of new friends at uni, seems to happen in most cases.
    hopefully salford or lancaster, but they'll be living in the same town as the university i wont

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    I dont' get why people like clubs. Once I went with my sister and guys were continually trying to grab her butt -er bum- and one guy grabbed my wrist and wouldn't let go. I think he was incredibly drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    hopefully salford or lancaster, but they'll be living in the same town as the university i wont
    Ah right, commuting then? I suppose that could make a few problems arise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    Ah right, commuting then? I suppose that could make a few problems arise.
    yeah thats whats bothering me, im wasting my teenage years stuck at home :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    yeah thats whats bothering me, im wasting my teenage years stuck at home :rolleyes:
    Wasting them? What are you talking about your on UKL aren't you? :rolleyes:

I'm not an experienced enough clubber or an advanced enough socialite to give out advice I'm afraid, but I'm sure you'll get your fair share of fun somehow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    Wasting them? What are you talking about your on UKL aren't you? :rolleyes:

I'm not an experienced enough clubber or an advanced enough socialite to give out advice I'm afraid, but I'm sure you'll get your fair share of fun somehow
    apart frm UKL cheers for your advice - the results day idea was great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    apart frm UKL cheers for your advice - the results day idea was great
    Not at all, glad to help.

PS: The Darlington offer still stands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    Not at all, glad to help.

PS: The Darlington offer still stands
    hehe, i'll gladly consider it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i used to be exactly in the same position as you, was regretting not having fun and really just wanted to find out what it was like to just chill out, best thing to do is literally find as many friends that live to you as quickly as possible and just tag along with them, even if you dont know them very well just stick with them and eventually you will know their friends, go out with them and so on... for me that was a case of linking up with primary school mates (sounds cheesy innit) but now its like a weekly and sometimes daily thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    What kind of drugs? I'm JW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    Tell me about it... I finished uni a few weeks ago and it's been a real pain to get out to clubs. I've been out to a few clubs in July but nothing like 3 years ago, when I would go out, get back home at 4 or 5am and get up at 7am to go to work...
    Most of my friends are in a relationship so they're usually not the most motivated bunch to go out. Personally, I understand them. Going out to a club when you're going out with someone is a bit boring unless you really really enjoy dancing. Luckily a few single mates are going to be on holiday soon...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.