Changing from a 4 year sandwich course to 3 year course

Watch
Kitty1996
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,

I'm currently in my 2nd year of a 4 year Accounting and Finance course which involves a placement year. I applied for student finance earlier this year and said my course is the 4 year sandwich course.

I now no longer want to do the placement year and want to convert to a 3 year course. This is easy for my university to do.

I wanted to know if I have to inform Student finance this year about the change?

Or, when I apply for student finance next year, should I just apply for the 3 year course instead of the 4 year one?

I have not contacted my university yet about the change.
Brian SFE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there.

Yes that's correct, you simply need to inform us by reapplying for the 3 year version of the course instead and we will assess you for the correct funding.

Thanks
Kitty1996
Rep:
?
(Original post by Brian SFE)
Hi there.

Yes that's correct, you simply need to inform us by reapplying for the 3 year version of the course instead and we will assess you for the correct funding.

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply, could you clarify what you mean? So do I need to inform you now of changing to the 3 year course (I'm in the process of changing with my university) or do I just wait until I reapply for finance for the next year and say I'm doing the 3 year version then?
Hugh SFE
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Kitty, You would be best having the changes to your course update the now on our records. if change of course has been made by the University you should contact them to request the to forward to us a Change of Circumstances notification which will enable us to make the relevant changes to your current application. However if this will be changing next year as completing the 2nd year of the current course then you would be best to advise of the changes when applying for future funding. Thanks
Kitty1996
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hugh SFE)
Hi Kitty, You would be best having the changes to your course update the now on our records. if change of course has been made by the University you should contact them to request the to forward to us a Change of Circumstances notification which will enable us to make the relevant changes to your current application. However if this will be changing next year as completing the 2nd year of the current course then you would be best to advise of the changes when applying for future funding. Thanks
Sorry, I still don't understand. So the university have not changed my course yet to the 3 year version, but once I send a form in, they should change it.

Should I email them to send a change of circumstances notification when I send in my form, or should I hand in my form and wait until I can apply for student finance for 2017/18 and apply for the 3 year version?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.38%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.48%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (61)
41.78%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.66%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.05%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed