The Student Room Group

Bengal's GYG Road to 9

Welcome To Bengal's GYG Road to 9!

HII

I saw a lot of GYG threads by @Lemur14 and @CutieTootsie so i've decided to make my own!

I'm currently in Year10, and will be the first batch to do all my GCSEs against the 9-1 Grading system, exciting i know! So thats why theres a 9 instead of an A* ect

My GCSE subjects include: (And Predicted Grades)

Maths (n/a)

English lang (7)

English Lit (7)

Biology (7)

Chemistry (7)

Physics (n/a but most likely 7)

Geography (7)

German (n/a)

Economics (n/a)

Product Design (A)

Further Maths (n/a)

I havent got most of my TGs(Target Grades, same as Predicted Grades) yet but i think that they will all be around a 7
Apparantly my school based these grades upon our Year 6 maths results, so that explains why I've been achieving higher in certain subjects!

Hopefully i can get 8/9s in each subjects except Product Design, A* and Further Maths, A^*

Anyways, Here's my thread to achieve the top Grades!

Here are all my exam boards, let me know if you have the same and we can create a chat for all of us :biggrin:

Maths (Edexcel)

English lang (AQA)

English Lit (AQA)

Biology (AQA)

Chemistry (AQA)

Physics (AQA)

Geography (OCR)

German (Edexcel? i think)

Economics (OCR)

Product Design (AQA)

Further Maths (AQA)

and as an extra Piano with Trinity and Piano Theory with ABRSM
(edited 7 years ago)
Glad I inspired you :smile:
What exam board are you on for further maths?
Original post by Lemur14
Glad I inspired you :smile:
What exam board are you on for further maths?

AQA what about you? :biggrin:
Original post by bengaltiger_
AQA what about you? :biggrin:

OCR, but mine's not technically called further maths, mine is the FSMQ Additional Maths which is I believe equivalent to just less than an AS level in UCAS points (or so our teacher was telling us lol)
Original post by Lemur14
OCR, but mine's not technically called further maths, mine is the FSMQ Additional Maths which is I believe equivalent to just less than an AS level in UCAS points (or so our teacher was telling us lol)

Sweet! lol, im not sure if AQA award ucas points for further maths :frown:
Original post by bengaltiger_
Sweet! lol, im not sure if AQA award ucas points for further maths :frown:

It will depend on if it is a level 2 (GCSE equivalent) qualification or level 3. I think they both provide UCAS points, but level 3 obviously provides more lol. Either way further maths is a good qualification to have :smile:
Awh nice one!
I'll be keeping a close eye :wink:
22/11/16

Today i had a couple maths exams and have got results for some of my tests from before!

English Language P2: Here i got a 7, which im okay with. i think ii could have gotten better but i am happy with an A. I think english language is one of my weaker subjects so ill try to improve. We havent started yet on the paper 1 so im not sure how that would go.

English Literature P1- Scrooge's Characterisation (A Christmas Carol): Here, i got a 7/8. i got an 8 on AO1, which is basically understanding. i got 7s on AO2 and AO3, which is effects on reader and context. So here i need to work on writing more on the writer's purpose, effects/impacts on the reader and how the Victorian public received/ liked the book (Reception) We are yet to start on poetry but i feel that we will be doing that maybe after 2 half terms?

German Vocab: So far, since the start if the year i've been getting all greens and have been scoring pretty highly in each vocab test. In the reading exam that we did earlier this year, i got a 5, which is around a C. But thats okay considering that it was a foundation test and i couldnt hve got any higher! The listening test was a little harder and it had parts which were in the higher level. Nevertheless we couldn't get higher than a 5 and i got a 4, which is a low C. In regular class/ homework speaking tests, I've been getting around 5/6s, which were the highest that could have been gotten.We haven't done any speaking tests yet, but we have wrote out some answers for role play questions, so i think that we will have a speaking test later this term. Again we haven't done any writing exams, but we have answered questions which will be part of our speaking test.

Maths: I found the calculator test fairly easy, as majority of it was graph work and about indices. However i found the non calculator a little harder, and after i found out that i may have gotten a couple questions wrong. Overall it went pretty well, it could have been worse, it could have been better. i will get my results maybe on friday or next week

Economics: This was probably the hardest test i've received this half term. Not about the information, but i wasnt quite sure on how to word my answer. I think i'll get my results on Thursday.
(edited 7 years ago)
23/11/16

Today was a pretty average day. I had physics twice and product design twice and finally english.

English: Today we worked on AO2, which really helped. I still find it a little hard to find the effect on the reader but im getting there :biggrin:

Physics: Here we did some work on stars, basic stuff about life cycles and on the second lesson we did stuff about Red and Blue shifts. Fairly easy but not the easiest.

Product Design: Today, i continued to work on my project, which is a MP3 speaker. I got through the design and then realised that i could use a pre-made tude instead of making my own. Our product should be done by January, so im hoping to get through all the Coursework and creating my final model by Mid- December, so i really need to get a move on!
(edited 7 years ago)
24/11/16 & 25/11/16

Thursday: An average day, not much exciting about it, not much to write about it either.
Friday: On Friday i received 2 tests results
Maths: For the non calculator i got 40/55 which i think is a bit less. I could have gotten better... no thanks to my silly mistakes :frown:
The calculator paper, in my opinion was easy, which was not the case for others. i got 45/53-55, not sure which total mark it is out of.
i haven't got the paper back for this, so i don't know whether it has been added up incorrectly, and if i di any questions right which had
been marked wrong.

Other than that, there was not much more to Friday, 3 lessons of science2 of which were chemistry and a lesson of english
New IDEA!
Instead of posting daily, i'll post weekly, as im finding it difficult to balance everything.
28/11/16-2/12/16

Economics Test-29/34, A*. I got the highest in the class, and tommorow we are gonna have another economics test!
Piano- Now that my theory test is out the way, i can practise for my practical, which is in a week from Tuesday!!
Other than that, not much new lol
Reply 13
Damn you are smart. Good luck, keep working :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending