The Student Room Group

Please help! Stuck between two universities

Hi all,

So I am starting to think about which uni I want as my firm and which as my insurance but I am really struggling and would love some advice.

One of the universities I am looking at I loved the campus and the atmosphere when I went to the open day, the town is beautiful and could really imagine myself living there and on my course there is the option to choose languages as an elective which I would really enjoy. It is also ranked better on most of the Unistats statistics, although most of it is very close between the two.
Downside is it is really far away from home and the other university I am looking at seems to have more international opportunities (including a fund that gives grants to students to fund their work/volunteering/study abroad) which sounds amazing.

The other uni I am looking at is still in a nice location, the campus is still nice (but not as great as the other uni) but I get the impression that their course could give me better opportunities (work placement wise).

Both of the universities offer voluntary work opportunities and field trips but the second uni I have mentioned has the opportunity to study abroad as well as a work abroad placement, whereas the first uni offers just work abroad.

As cliché as it sounds I don't know whether to go with my head and choose the uni that I think will give me the better opportunities or go with my heart and choose the uni that I love the most.

Course modules wise I think I would enjoy the modules of the first uni the most, but the modules of the second uni I get the impression would prepare me for industry better although I'm not keen on some of the modules.

Please help! thank you!
I will call an ambulance. Stay put.
Original post by peanutbuttercup
I will call an ambulance. Stay put.

Haha very funny 😊
Any advice? X
Reply 4
Choose the work placement. You will regret it if you don't when you are in third year mumbling about your crap experience

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending