Humaira.a
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
If I want to apply for medicine would taking biology, chemistry, English literature and art be okay? And my art teacher keeps telling me taking art will look unique as it is non academic do you agree? It's been confusing me as to whether I should take art or not
geniequeen48
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They're fine. I study chemistry, biology, english literature and spanish. Ucl would love ur combination.
KyleH123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Humaira.a)
If I want to apply for medicine would taking biology, chemistry, English literature and art be okay? And my art teacher keeps telling me taking art will look unique as it is non academic do you agree? It's been confusing me as to whether I should take art or not
yeah you've got your chem and bio. Physics/maths might me closer related subjects.
SarahCroydon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am a current medicine applicant and from my research into medical schools you should be fine with those subjects as long as you have chemistry and Biology
Now what may help with the BMAT test is another matter - only 7 UK universities use BMAT so it's not that important
But the BMAT included some Maths and Physics and if you have done to AS level you have a clear advantage but not essential
Humaira.a
Rep:
?
Yep I've heard haha thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Humaira.a
Rep:
?
Maths is one of my biggest concerns😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Humaira.a
Rep:
?
Thank you😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
geniequeen48
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maths is one of my biggest concerns😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I've been in ur shoes. The whole summer holidays I've been debating whether I should take maths or not. But I thought, the maths thing is a lie. Medicine isnt heavily maths based. Plus I aint studying something I hate-I would just fail.
Humaira.a
Rep:
?
(Original post by geniequeen48)
Lol I've been in ur shoes. The whole summer holidays I've been debating whether I should take maths or not. But I thought, the maths thing is a lie. Medicine isnt heavily maths based. Plus I aint studying something I hate-I would just fail.
Yep since I'm finding it difficult for GCSEs and A levels is 10 times harder

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
55.75%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.25%

Watched Threads