Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Argos are having a clearance sale and it includes a bargaintastic sarnie toaster for £2.95

A piece of essential student kit - I'd not have coped without mine.

Happy shopping! (Follow link below)

Cheap Sarnie Toaster at Argos

ReputationRep:
    Nah!

But four sandwich toaster bags from Lakeland Limited at a total cost of £3, you can use them in a normal toaster and they taste brilliant - retaurant quality.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I would be able to be bothered to make a toast sandwich one sandwich at a time.

ReputationRep:
    You could just do them in the microwave, for that soggy student texture

Seriously though, everyone seems to bring a sandwitch toaster so it's the one thing I wouldn't bother with. Of course if your flat does end up with too many toasters there are lots of interesting things you can do with them.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Am I the only person that's not intending to take a sandwich toaster?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    Am I the only person that's not intending to take a sandwich toaster?
    Maybe not. I am not too sure yet. Mostly because I do not have a 10P to flip!!!

ReputationRep:
    I work at Tesco part-time. If u want great bargains on stuff like kettles and toasters, mugs, plates etc you should find a Tesco Extra store (not the normal smaller ones as they don't do them). Today through my till i sold a toaster for £2.95 and the mugs are 60p each. Pack of 6 tumbler glasses about £2.99. Don't wanna sound like I love Tesco tho, I really don't like my job hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Student essential? Pah, it's a life essential.

I'd go for one that's a bit more roomy, mind...

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like toasted sandwiches.

ReputationRep:
    are u guys taking a toaster maker thing even if u're living in halls? what kinda stuff would i need to take for halls living?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.