Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Talk to me!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My cat is really ill and Im worried that this might be the end for her. Im really down about it. Not wanting to sound pathetic, I could really use some human company.

ReputationRep:
    Have you taken her to the vet?

How old is she?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Have you taken her to the vet?

How old is she?
    I took her yesterday because she was wheezing. the vet said it was a combination of the heat and the start of a upper respiratory tract infection, but otherwise is fine and put het on antibiotics. the prob is she is diabetic and wont eat so therefore cant have her insulin. this could send her into a coma. she is 15.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    I took her yesterday because she was wheezing. the vet said it was a combination of the heat and the start of a upper respiratory tract infection, but otherwise is fine and put het on antibiotics. the prob is she is diabetic and wont eat so therefore cant have her insulin. this could send her into a coma. she is 15.
    Jeez that is bad. My cat is 13 and so far shes had no health problems, thank goodness.

So what are you going to do? Perhaps you could ring the vet and ask what to do, are they on call 24 hrs?

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you get in lots of cuddles!

ReputationRep:
    I have another vet appiontment in 2 hours, they might have to keep her in. she just looks so pathetic tho. her behavuior remimds me of another cat i had a few years ago. we had her put to sleep because of it. im scared she wont be coming back.

ReputationRep:
    We had to put my Cat down after last Christmas.

We knew it was the right time as he was overcome with arthritus and couldn't even jump up onto his favourite chair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    We had to put my Cat down after last Christmas.

We knew it was the right time as he was overcome with arthritus and couldn't even jump up onto his favourite chair
    awww, thats so sad, sorry to hear that

ReputationRep:
    I have another vet appiontment in 2 hours, they might have to keep her in. she just looks so pathetic tho. her behavuior remimds me of another cat i had a few years ago. we had her put to sleep because of it. im scared she wont be coming back.
    Never give in! One of my friends adopted a racehorse who got very sick and the vet suggested she put it down, but she said no and it got better. Just goes to show, keep the faith!

ReputationRep:
    awww, thats so sad, sorry to hear that
    But it's kinder in the long run, it's no life for a cat if they can't run around or try to catch birds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    But it's kinder in the long run, it's no life for a cat if they can't run around or try to catch birds
    I know. my cat from a few years ago had cancer. we could have operated to remove it but she hated the vets and operations so we just gave her the most comfortable life we could until it was time for her to go. that was when the cancer reached her lungs and she was wheezing. she wouldnt have lasted the night anyway but we put her to sleep as it wouldnt have been fair for her to die like that.

ReputationRep:
    I know. my cat from a few years ago had cancer. we could have operated to remove it but she hated the vets and operations so we just gave her the most comfortable life we could until it was time for her to go. that was when the cancer reached her lungs and she was wheezing. she wouldnt have lasted the night anyway but we put her to sleep as it wouldnt have been fair for her to die like that.
    You definately did the right thing

ReputationRep:
    Any news? My cat died in my arms a while back she had been sick for a while but it was still unexpected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Any news? My cat died in my arms a while back she had been sick for a while but it was still unexpected.
    Sorry to hear that. Henri is still ill. The vet gave her a powerful antibiotic and some highly palatable (sp) food to encourage her to eat. She is also having half her dose of insulin so that doesnt lead to more illness. I have had to put a fan near her because her temp is really high. She is still really ill. We are going back to the vet tomorrow.... this is gonna cost a fortune. Thank god for pet insurance.

ReputationRep:
    My cat is really ill and Im worried that this might be the end for her. Im really down about it. Not wanting to sound pathetic, I could really use some human company.
    You cat is ill.... again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    You cat is ill.... again.
    The other cat is ill this time (the diabetic one) ... when it rains it pours as they say

ReputationRep:
    The other cat is ill this time (the diabetic one) ... when it rains it pours as they say
    Thats how the saying goes . Its such a shame. Do hope the cat gets better soon.

How did it go with the cat having the kittens?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    How did it go with the cat having the kittens?
    I havnt seen my sister since so I dont know

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.