Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it safe? Some offers seem to be way to good to be true, like £5.00 for a laptop, yet the seller has 100% positive feedback!

I only want a cheap one so that I can word process, so a nice old one would do me fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy Sunshine)
    Is it safe? Some offers seem to be way to good to be true, like £5.00 for a laptop, yet the seller has 100% positive feedback!

I only want a cheap one so that I can word process, so a nice old one would do me fine.
    Yeah at the begining its normanlly £1 or £5 but then as more bidders bid on it, you can see it rise to the expected values.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Yeah at the begining its normanlly £1 or £5 but then as more bidders bid on it, you can see it rise to the expected values.
    Oh damn! Would you say they usually do what they say? Like work?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy Sunshine)
    Oh damn! Would you say they usually do what they say? Like work?
    If they say it works then it works. But don't expect top of the range stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a laptop

ReputationRep:
    I bought one over ebay. Brand new for £700 when it should have been about £900. You won't get good stuff really cheap, but there are good bargains to be had. Never buy from america becuase you can almost guarantee you'll get taxed when it comes into UK. I bought an MP3 jukebox for what I thought was a bargain but when they charged me £60 for taxes etc. it brought it up to pretty much it's RRP.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.