The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

squishedbanana
Wow, surpassing predictions is always great, huh? I was predicted a C (a C!) by my new history teacher, but I ended up with an A (who needs the star, an A is pretty enough!) She was well chuffed though.

my history teacher predicted me an E!!!!
i got a B
Congratulations everyone, it's nice doing better than you expected too.
Thanks everyone for all your well dones , everyone here has done amazing! In my first year 10 report when they used to handwrite them my english teacher put ''i think you will have a big surprise on your results day'' and so i did :] Can't believe i got an A*! Still so happy! :biggrin: I dunno how all you clever clever people getting loads of A*'s choose what your going to do for A level! x
Reply 123
I noticed that most people on TSR do well. Maybe this is a sign we may do well in out AS and a-Levels
i got 1A*, 6A's, 3B's but also a D in Biology :frown:
i'm really worrying about this because i want to be a paramedic/ nurse in the future and it would be best to have this!
does anyone have any suggestions for me?
if i was to retake biology it would have to be weekend classes and/or an evening as i will be attending 6th form
any help would be gratefully appreciated as i am reeally worried!
Lady Steph do you know how far away you were from a C in biology because if you were on the borderline it may be worth requesting a remark.
hmm no i'm not sure but i don't really think it would help all that much because i've never been great at biology, usually consisted of C's and a B in one module so i'm not surprised i did so bad. in my defence i had a terrible teacher who was hardly ever in but i guess i should've done more myself. my parents keep saying how well i did and wanting to take me out for a meal and stuff but i'm just not feeling it because of that D :frown: i think my only option would be to retake it but i have no idea how or where
Reply 127
english lang - A
english lit - A*
maths - A #zomg# *cries*
science double - A*A*
history - A *cries again*
geography - A
textiles - A
art - A
RE - A*

AND I GOT B FOR FRENCH woohoooo

damn you, maths and history :s-smilie:
Reply 128
BloodBrothers
my history teacher predicted me an E!!!!
i got a B

Well done that's awesome!
My History teacher said he refused to predict anyone under an A so then if they got a C it's an automatic remark.
Reply 129
hello all. my results are:

maths A*
Eng lit A*
Eng lan A*
His A*
geo A*
bio A
chem A*
Stats A*
phy A*
French A*
I.T D

pretty good apart from the D. Anynoe know whether or not i can omit my wonderful D from university applications
andy7257

maths A*
Eng lit A*
Eng lan A*
His A*
geo A*
bio A
chem A*
Stats A*
phy A*
French A*
I.T D

pretty good apart from the D. Anynoe know whether or not i can omit my wonderful D from university applications

I don't think so but I doubt they'll care. Which subjects do you want to take on?
andy7257

maths A*
Eng lit A*
Eng lan A*
His A*
geo A*
bio A
chem A*
Stats A*
phy A*
French A*
I.T D

No, you can't. If you get a grade, then you have to declare it. I'm not sure, but you might be able to decline the grade if you're that bothered, but don't worry, if you don't want to do anything to do with computers at university, I doubt they'll care as the rest of your results are so good.
My Results:

2 A*s 5 As 3 Bs

On the whole, reasonably happy with the results but know I could have probably got all As and A*s if I had worked harder but too late now I guess...
Just my thoughts on how my results went, I posted them but for those who missed I was predicted all C's and achieved:

English lit - A
R.E - A
ICT - A
History - A
Business- B
English lang -B
Maths - B
Science - C
Food tech - C
French - E

So I am very pleased however I can't help feeling a little dissapointed at not getting an A in one of Business and English language, I don't mind THAT much but I felt I might of done enough in one if not both to get the A but I'm not complaining too much, I've proved the doubters wrong, All C's! pfft
Reply 134
I've just seen the news article with my photograph regarding my school's results and guess what? There was a typing error: the asterisk has been left out so it says I have 8 As and 3 As when I really got 8 A*s and 3 As! :mad: Oh well, at least most people who read it will be able to figure out my real grades, whereas they wouldn't know my name was wrong if that had been incorrect. It could have been worse. Besides, looking at the grades of the other three people in the photo, I think I came top in my school. :smile:

Everyone else here has really good results too. Well done!
Reply 135
Well done to all of you, every one does so well!

Me: 7A*'s, 3A's and B at AS French
Jeykayem
I've just seen the news article with my photograph regarding my school's results and guess what? There was a typing error: the asterisk has been left out so it says I have 8 As and 3 As when I really got 8 A*s and 3 As! :mad: Oh well, at least most people who read it will be able to figure out my real grades, whereas they wouldn't know my name was wrong if that had been incorrect. It could have been worse. Besides, looking at the grades of the other three people in the photo, I think I came top in my school. :smile:

Everyone else here has really good results too. Well done!

Happened to a girl in our local paper as well :p: Says 7As and 3As
i got 9 A*s and 2 A's

congrats to everyone, and best of luck for the future!
my a level choices are listed below
Reply 138
hbk91
720/800 Ums.

I got 730 xD Just scraped it <3
Predicted: 8 A*s, 3 As
Achieved: 9 A*s, 1 A, 1B (but this is being remarked - all marks in our year for Drama were low)
Reaction: WOOOHOOOOOO! Top in my school, and in the top ranges for my area! Yay! So happy they're all over! Hopefully after all the Drama results have been looked at again it might go up to an A or A* :biggrin:

Latest