This discussion is closed.
UpTheBracket.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mikeski)
I don't think my exams were easy!

I got 1 A*, 7 As and 2 Bs. I got an A* in English Lit and an A in Maths. Both these subjects I thought I had failed (not exaggerating) when I completed the exam so I am really confused as to how I got them...
It's always that way... I thought I'd done awfully on one of the R.S. papers and got 100%, and the one I actually felt confident about I got 92%. Strange. I guess it shows how warped our opinions are when it comes to exams.
Papaya
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by scaryhair)
Nope, I went to a state school, and an average/bad one at that. In the league tables, its one of the lowest in our area.
I truly believe its up to the individual on how much they achieve.
I totally agree :p:
My school has a very bad reputation, so most people are prejudgemental. When I enroled in college, they were all surprised at the school I attended. I was the second person to acheive an A* in Maths and the first A*A* in Double Science in the 50 years the school's been open xD
Cowlibob
Report 11 years ago
I got my results a little late cos i was in iceland on holiday but I was very happy when I saw them.

I got 9 A* and 2 As(which were french and german but I did french a year earlier).

It was a great improvement for me as I had got 7 As, 2 A*, 1 B and 1 C in my mocks.
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Daniel77)
I totally agree :p:
My school has a very bad reputation, so most people are prejudgemental. When I enroled in college, they were all surprised at the school I attended. I was the second person to acheive an A* in Maths and the first A*A* in Double Science in the 50 years the school's been open xD
That's a great achievement, well done!

In other news, my years 5 A* - C pass rate was the best the school has ever had (50ish years); 69%. Which is pretty good, considering there is 300 in a year (so none of this small year group rubbish) and there are loads of private/religious schools which lots of people can go too. I feel proud! :p:
Chezua
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
*tries to ignore the fact that everyone got more than 6 A*s...*

Question: how do you know if you're the top 5 in english literature/maths whatever? :confused: does the examiner send you a letter or sumthin?
becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Chezua)
*tries to ignore the fact that everyone got more than 6 A*s...*

Question: how do you know if you're the top 5 in english literature/maths whatever? :confused: does the examiner send you a letter or sumthin?
Apparently you get sent a letter which should have arrived with your results slip. AQA definetly do that anyway.
CocoPop
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ooh! Everyone did pretty well indeed. I need to pump myself up for my GCSEs next year (I've already taken Italian, so that's 1 down, 9 to go, and I regret not having done Maths last year!)

But all the best for the A Levels/IBs for everyone who's just finished their GCSEs!
kjc_us
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I feel **** about my results after reading all these amazing ones.
I mean, I know TSR represents a very, very small part of society and I don't know for sure if people are being 100% truthful but I am quite a trusting person. But still...
Chezua
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
kjc_us, you did very well, don't be intimidated by others. the number of A*s you get doesn't show your intelligence well

thanks bexiness! the teachers must have hidden mine somewhere then:ninja:
didi997
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kjc_us)
I mean, I know TSR represents a very, very small part of society and I don't know for sure if people are being 100% truthful but I am quite a trusting person. But still...
Me too

I'm happy with my results, and you should be too, but I know how you feel!
vinsta
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
same... but im quite stubborn so im gonna try and get a remark on a few papers
becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No offence to anyone, but what is with all the remarks? It's not like your guarenteed or owed extra marks. What if your grade goes down? :eek:
b9muslove
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bexiness!)
No offence to anyone, but what is with all the remarks? It's not like your guarenteed or owed extra marks. What if your grade goes down? :eek:
Yes i agree; nobody is guaranteed extra marks, but if you're only a few marks of an A or B and were constantly told by your teacher in that subject that you would get that higher grade, maybe a remark isn't such a bad idea
It's unlikely your mark will go down a grade, especially if the mark was so close to a higher grade..okay it might become a slightly lower mark than before, but i doubt the actual grade will change.
QE5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was 5 UMS of an A in Geography, Is it worth a remark.
b9muslove
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by QE5)
I was 5 UMS of an A in Geography, Is it worth a remark.
If you're happy to let it be, then i suppose there's no point paying for it to be remarked. But If you want that A, which is what you probably deserved, then I'd say go for it!
plopSDCSDC
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mousickle)
Everyone did fab. All of you people who think you failed casue you got B's and C's are just being silly! I only got 5 C's and 2 B's when I took my GCSE's but I'm doing all of the courses I want at college and getting A's when i really try.

Ultamatly there are very few Uni''s that will be intrested in your GCSE grades, and employers dont care at all as long as you have a few passes.
eurgh... i feel like ive totally wasted my time then, if gcses are not that important then i shouldnt have even tried so hard... what a bloomin waste of effort

especially if most unis dont care bout ur gcse results and employers only care if u have a few passes.

i got 4 A*s and 6 As.
noojoo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
w00t!!!!!!!! 10 A*s!!!!!!!!

lol, i ammmmmmmm sooo super happy!!! the only thing is, i wish i took english literature... aww pooey.. oh well
littlebee2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think remark is ok if you thought that you did well in that paper but got a lower grade than you expected.
K!&[email protected]
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Your sad.
kjc_us
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by K!&[email protected])
Your sad.
And would you like to tell me why?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%