Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have been waiting on fire for this to come in since AGES, the QCA website indicates that the results will be sent to the school on the 22nd August (today). The question here is; did you guys receive your results through the post or did you have to wait till school and THEN told them.

Please take time to reply, it will be very much appreciated and will [hopefully] put me off my daily misery (ooh, i can't imagine what it will be like in GCSE's).

Anyway, thanks for your support everyone

Ramadulla

ReputationRep:
    Chill out, these grades really don't matter... GCSE is when it matters, just chill out and relax.... I can't imagine what GCSE or A-Level results time will be like for you lol.

ReputationRep:
    We got told them when we went back to school after the holidays

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    To tell you just how insignificant SATs are: I went into school on friday (25th), and saw a box with all of the marked papers for the English SATs just lying in the middle of the corridor, just outside the exam officers' office:p:

ReputationRep:
    Have SATS changed or something? When I did mine (2003 i think) we got our results in July just before the summer holidays...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathematicalMind)
    Have SATS changed or something? When I did mine (2003 i think) we got our results in July just before the summer holidays...
    Well, I did my KS3 SATs in 2004, and that was the first year that the English papers were late in arriving. I think it was something to do with all of the marks being rather dodgy:confused:

ReputationRep:
    8 papers in the whole school had scores wrongly added up for science...

Goes to show how dopey and drunk examiners obviously were when they were doing the papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    8 papers in the whole school had scores wrongly added up for science...

Goes to show how dopey and drunk examiners obviously were when they were doing the papers.
    :p: And get this: people in 2004 at my school (after their first marking) and who were predicted levels 3 and 4 were coming out with level 7s People who were predicted level 6s and 7s were coming out with level 4s. That's how hideously wrong it went in my school:p: I think one other person and myself managed to keep our level 7s in English after the remarks:p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks everyone! . If i may ask, what is a level 7 in KS3 equivalent to GCSE grade wise, I'm thinking a C/B? and what would the predicted be for the final grade in results day (Year 11).

Thanks,
    ##Ramadulla##

ReputationRep:
    Please bear in mind, people, that this is the same troll who posted that they had got A*s in everything except English Literature; for which his/her mum refused to talk to them.

(Original post by Ramadulla)
    I'm dead for English Literature , i think A* is out of the window; even-though I'm hoping to get 12 A*'s to hopefully 'compensate' , wish me luck please . Goodluck everyone, this night is going to be the most devastating/exciting night of the whole experience !
    (Original post by Ramadulla)
    Really, my family is pretty upset with me and my results, my mum is refusing to even talk to me or serve me anything .

ReputationRep:
    I'm inquiring this for my brother who is starting his GCSE course this year, so no; it is the little troll not the big troll .

ReputationRep:
    There is no equivalent to a level 7 in English. If you were to take the rumours that a level 7 is a B, and that a B at GCSE is equivalent to an E at AS, then you're pretty much screwed. You can't compare two different systems which are completely different

**If that wasn't understandable, forgive me:p: Had a very tiring day:p:**
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    KS3 SATs really don't matter, surely you should know this having done them.

I got a 'low' level 7 and achieved A*A* in English and Lit, whilst my friend got full marks in her SATs papers and got AB. Really, it's about what you do after the SATs that matter - not what you get in them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Couldxbe)
    KS3 SATs really don't matter, surely you should know this having done them.

I got a 'low' level 7 and achieved A*A* in English and Lit, whilst my friend got full marks in her SATs papers and got AB. Really, it's about what you do after the SATs that matter - not what you get in them.
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    Are they moderate when marking the papers or strict, compared to GCSE (as KS3 pupils are probably less aware of what the examiners really want from them as a whole)?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'd say less strict, considering you're two years younger...

I wouldn't say there's that much of a jump though, more like a gradual transition. To give you an idea:
    My first coursework essay I achieved a C
    Throughout the year on my first drafts of other essay I got Bs and low As.
    End of year 10 exams I got low As in Lit and Lang.
    2nd/Final drafts of courseworks at the beginning of/ throughout year 11 got me an A* in both Lit and Lang courseworks
    Year 11 mocks I achieved a low A in Lang and a mid A in Lit.
    GCSEs I got A*A*

ReputationRep:
    The wait is teasing me now! who experienced this whilst they were doing there SATs too?

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo 1 day left

ReputationRep:
    i got told them AGES later sorry-
    I was surprised that i got 4th highest in the year w00t lol
    But i will actually revise for the GCSEs x_X

ReputationRep:
    well ... i wasn't really nervous about SATS until they said 'we have the results!'
    lol
    GCSES on the other hard - very worried and I only have 2 full GCSES back! lol

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.