The Student Room Group

Primark sizes??

Hi

i am going down to my nearest store tomorrow to hopefully pickup some jeans.

i just wanted to know generally what are the sizes like on the jeans there? do you find them genorous or are they smaller than usual- usually i would go for a 10 (at places like new look so is it the same at primark??

thanks everyone

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's quite generous - I'm a size 8/10 and their size 8/10 is more like a 12 in teenage shops like Topshop I'd say.
Reply 2
the sizing on things in primark is really random, it seems like they just slap any label on and hope its the right one. I have a friend who is a size 10, and she bought some size 18/20 tops that fit her perfectly! but that is tops so it could be different for trousers. Definately try them on though as it can be hard to tell.
Reply 3
orbelina
the sizing on things in primark is really random, it seems like they just slap any label on and hope its the right one.

:rofl: So true though.
Reply 4
I find Primark's sizing huge. I'm a size 12 on bottom, and can easily fit into size 8-10 pants and jeans there.
Reply 5
I bought a couple of work shirts from there the other week, and they only just fit...(they're a bit on the small side)
Reply 6
i think the sizes are so random, im a size 12 i brought some jeans which were a 14 and they were so small, i also brought some t-shirts both size 10 one fitted the other didnt, i would say try them on and take a few sizes in with you
Reply 7
they really are random, but if i were you go to peacocks, wayyyyy better.
Reply 8
i thinnk they're ok actually. i bought a 12 (i'm a 12) and at first i thought they were small, but they stretch and fit perfectly now! i think they're my second best pair of jeans ever,so going to get one more :smile: and a reasonable price too.
jeans tend to be a bit small, vest tops and jackets fit ok, usually get the next size down in skirts as they are made large and some of the folded t shirts are baggy too.
I unfortunately worked in Primark for a while (year and a bit) and I can honestly say their sizes are terrible. Being Primark staff and all, I was never allowed to try anything on, so buying something meant having to buy a range of different sizes and just keeping the best ones. Anyway, I've heard customers complain so much about the sizes saying that they are a 12 usually but had to get a 16 at Primark. It's best just to try them on!
Primark sizes are really random!

I'm a 10 on bottom but I saw a pair of jeans that only fitted in a 12 and yet there were other trousers that I needed an 8 in.

Best bet is to try everything on.
Reply 12
thanks for the replies everyone- looks like im in for a stressful shop tomorrow, i hate trying things on lol especially when i will have my bf hanging around wainting for me lol grrr
go without him. or let him know,he's booked for the whole day and he can't complain. their sizes vary,just try on stuff a size up and down from what you normally are.
Reply 14
Primark only do 8-10 and 12-14 usually, no 10-12 which really annoys me! But i usually get 8-10, so i ammuse you'll be fine in that :smile: but if i was you i wouldnttry the jeans from there, i did and they were awful, but you never know

happy shopping ;grin;
i find 10-12's sometimes,well about half of the time.i love their underwear though,their knickers rock!
I went the other day to buy some new undies and I coulnd't find any 10-12 :frown:
Reply 17
I bought a basic blouse for school and it was a wee bit small about the bust for me and the general length because of that wasn't ideal.

I've only just learnt the value of trying on clothes before buying.
:p:
...but Primark fitting room ques can be huge!
On my the T-shirts are pretty big for their sizing.
Jumpers are normal.
Jeans are slightly smaller.

Their sizing annoys me though as it misses some sizes out as they aren't individual they are like "8-10".
Reply 19
is there nice stuff in there at the moment?

what would you reccomend me picking up??

Latest