Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored - so I'm asking you to list which DVDs you're taking, since generally people only seem to take about ten - are you going to take your favourite films, just comedies, sitcoms... documentaries?

Go on. Humour me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking them all up and just storing them in a box somewhere.

But then again, I own very few DVD's so my collection won't exactly take up a lot of room

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i'll prob take them all, in a wallet (no boxes). you never know when you're gonna wanna watch something.

ReputationRep:
    not all of them, SATC, peepshow and a few chick flicks ... I think will be all I will need.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only taking my music ones, a few live DVDs (Rammstein, White Stripes, YYYs), video collections (Smashing Pumpkins, Pavement) and two documentaries (both Bob Dylan).

ReputationRep:
    I got around 140 so Im only taking like 20 or something.

ReputationRep:
    i got all my films on HDD...but ill probably bring the Russian films (for the Society) which i have on DVD such as Tarkovsky films...so about 15

ReputationRep:
    I have all my films on a big hard drive, bringing about 220 in total!

ReputationRep:
    None.

Films just mysteriously appear on my computer for free. ;D

ReputationRep:
    All of them. They are mainly Britcom boxsets: The complete monty pythons flying circus mega set, Blackadder (complete), A Bit Of Fry And Laurie, Ripping Yarns etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ljames28)
    I have all my films on a big hard drive, bringing about 220 in total!
    i have 250 on mine *sticks tongue out*

im honestly running out of ones to download...im not even watching them...just...downloading for the sake of it haha

I took all of mine without the boxes. I had the most on my corridor I think but they weren't to most peoples taste so I always had people coming along asking to borrow one looking through the collection and realising that 1970's sci-fi wasn't what they wanted :p:

Thought about putting them all on a hard drive but having the actual disc means its easy to just pop round to someones room with it and watch a film.

I liked to abuse the library dvd collection too. Supposedly for academic use only but they had some classics..

ReputationRep:
    last year i took all of them, and trust me, they came in useful!!

if your starting uni this year, i HIGHLY RECCOMMEND taking as many DVDs as possible, because there will be boring nights in on your own. also try and buy some new ones, boxsets if possible, such as the sopranos.

i used to love comin in pissed out my tree and wacking a good Pacino film on. i NEVER sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    i have 250 on mine *sticks tongue out*

im honestly running out of ones to download...im not even watching them...just...downloading for the sake of it haha
    Now you've thrown down the gauntlet, i have no choice but to accept

*Sets his torrent server to work*

ReputationRep:
    Now you've thrown down the gauntlet, i have no choice but to accept

*Sets his torrent server to work*
    out of interest what tracker are you on???

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think of taking DVDs, but I proberly should as I won't have my own TV. Maybe Futurama...I'll rent the rest.

ReputationRep:
    :/ I use whatever default tracker the torrent has with it, i don't do anything fancy, i put the .torrent files on my server and the next day i have movies

ReputationRep:
    Movie Piracy Funds Terrorism, Arabs Are Using The Funds From Your Torrents To Kidnap Babies!

ReputationRep:
    :/ I use whatever default tracker the torrent has with it, i don't do anything fancy, i put the .torrent files on my server and the next day i have movies

argh public trackers :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek:

private trackers ftw 10 minutes to download a film :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I no longer use torrents as I got a hell of a lot of viruses from files I downloaded. I use youtube or rent/buy the DVD.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.