Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got my accommodation info. through today, I will be staying in flat 15 of Oakley Court.

Who else is going to be living in Oakley this year?

Do any past students have any photos or any information about it, as I haven't seen what it's like, and am a bit worried about it, thanks in advance, Nat

ReputationRep:
    Oakley Court flat 15! wohooooo

Has anyone received any course information yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic19)
    Oakley Court flat 15! wohooooo

Has anyone received any course information yet??
    See you there

No I haven't recieved any course information other than a book they recommend I read before I go.

ReputationRep:
    lol strangely enough I'm duplex as well. I'm looking forward to living in Pritchatts, see you there lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to get quite excited about it now, it just seems more real now I know where I'll be living. We move in in less than 5 weeks :O

ReputationRep:
    lol I know! I'v already started to look for cheap kitchen stuff. But, I'm also really anxious esp about how busy freshers week seems to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic19)
    lol I know! I'v already started to look for cheap kitchen stuff. But, I'm also really anxious esp about how busy freshers week seems to be
    It's all about Asda! This will hopefully help when you're shopping away...http://thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Wha..._To_University

ReputationRep:
    im in flat 15 too! im in room 7
    i can't wait now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22hannah)
    im in flat 15 too! im in room 7
    i can't wait now!
    We'll see you there too then!
    I'm in flat 8, is yours a duplex room too?
    I wonder if we'll be sharing a bathroom?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'm in a duplex room we probably will be sharing a bathroom! how random is it coming across your flatmates! are you excited about oakley court? i wasn't at first but i really am now, should be fun!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it is really random how like everyone in this thread is in our flat!

Yeh I'm quite excited now, wasn't at first as wasn't any of the ones I put down, but am happy about it now as it seems really nice!

Do you know when exactly it is we move in?

ReputationRep:
    i know, i applied for tennis courts! but the more i think about it the more i'm pleased i'm in oakley!
    i'm not entirely sure when we move in because it says the contract is from the 24th but somewhere else it says the move in dates are 22nd and 23rd. hmmmm its so confusing with all the letters and forms it has stressed me out!
    have you starting buying uni stuff? i'm probably most excited about buying stuff for my room and kitchen stuff lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I feel like that, wanted the Spinney really, but thinking about it it seems like it would be too quiet for me there anyway, plus I'm still in Pritchatts park

Yeh I think I'm going to have to look through all the forms again for when we move in, or I might just ring them, probably easier. I need to move in on the saturday or sunday really otherwise I'll be coming on the train, with 2 or 3 changes, don't think I can do that with all my stuff!

Well my Mum keeps buying me lots of cooking stuff, seems everytime she goes shopping she brings me something back! I'm going to buy some new posters and get some photos to put up round my room, maybe some nice cusions or maybe a bean bag for my room. I also wanna get some new bedding. So got quite a lot, but still quite a bit too.

My Mum also took me clothes shopping the other day, so i have some new clothes before I go, she seems really generous at the moment, is nice lol

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha sounds good! i think i need a serious shopping trip soon! i've been making a big list of stuff i need to do and its endless!
    what course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Physics BSc, hoping to transfer over to the MSci if I do well enough in the first two years though!

What course are you doing? You thinking of joining any clubs / societies?

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing joint honours english lit and drama. i want to join the drama society and i'm thinking about taking dance classes it looks like fun but apart from that i'm not sure, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of doing dance classes too, I've been offered a scholorship for dance/drama/music so is highly likely i will, but haven't danced since before easter so don't know what classes to join!

ReputationRep:
    oh cool! i haven't done any dance for years but i really want to start again and they have things like hip hop and street jazz that sound fun!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it all sounds good, think I'll have a look when I get there to see what levels they would recommend me joining.

Do you know if your going to buy any of the freshers week stuff yet? I think I'm just going to go for the either the Freshers fest, or the bronze package.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'm the same, i don't want to spend ridiculous amounts in case i don't end up going to stuff. freshers fest or bronze sounds sensible. it's hard because you don't want to spend money on stuff you won't use but then you don't want to feel left out if you haven't got tickets for things everyone in your flat is going to!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.