The Student Room Group

Will a BBB entry requirement University make me an offer with ABC predictions?

Im applying to university really soon and plan to have my application in by the end of the month. I want to study Sociology at places such as Leicester, Birmingham, Kent, Essex and my fifth option is still undecided. All of those listed uni's say their entry requirements are BBB, with the exception of Birmingham who want ABB. However, my current predicted grades are ABC so I am not too sure whether I will be wasting an application by applying to all those places, given that I have not met the entry requirements on their website. Right now Im studying Sociology, English Literature and Applied ICT and during AS, I achieved ABC (respectively). So, given that my highest grade is in the subject I want to study (and assuming I have a killer personal statement) could anyone tell me how likely the aforementioned universities are to make me an offer?

Thanks.
Original post by Mashinate
Im applying to university really soon and plan to have my application in by the end of the month. I want to study Sociology at places such as Leicester, Birmingham, Kent, Essex and my fifth option is still undecided. All of those listed uni's say their entry requirements are BBB, with the exception of Birmingham who want ABB. However, my current predicted grades are ABC so I am not too sure whether I will be wasting an application by applying to all those places, given that I have not met the entry requirements on their website. Right now Im studying Sociology, English Literature and Applied ICT and during AS, I achieved ABC (respectively). So, given that my highest grade is in the subject I want to study (and assuming I have a killer personal statement) could anyone tell me how likely the aforementioned universities are to make me an offer?

Thanks.

do not take this a gospel by any means but this might help
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator/ (for instance kent is supposedly very likely if you have those grades)
I do think you should seriously consider somewhere that's BBC or lower as your fifth choice so you have at least one safe option.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
do not take this a gospel by any means but this might help
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator/ (for instance kent is supposedly very likely if you have those grades)
I do think you should seriously consider somewhere that's BBC or lower as your fifth choice so you have at least one safe option.

Thanks, this is really helpful, how accurate is another question but it's reassuring. I'll most definitely put a 'safe' university down like you suggested so that I at least have one offer.
Thanks, this is really helpful, how accurate is another question but it's reassuring. I'll most definitely put a 'safe' university down like you suggested so that I at least have one offer.

I m afraid i couldnt tell you how accurate it is but i m glad you're going to have a safe choice :smile:
Reply 4

I m afraid i couldnt tell you how accurate it is but i m glad you're going to have a safe choice :smile:

It's accurate because it's using real data from the past UCAS cycle. But also it's worth noting the result is a % outcome, which means that some but not all will get an offer. And also the % is likely to change from year to year. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
It's accurate because it's using real data from the past UCAS cycle. But also it's worth noting the result is a % outcome, which means that some but not all will get an offer. And also the % is likely to change from year to year. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Accurate was the wrong word choice I see,maybe I should have gone for probable chance of reoccurring :tongue:
Reply 6
Accurate was the wrong word choice I see,maybe I should have gone for probable chance of reoccurring :tongue:

:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.

Well, my predicted grades were AAC but i got offers from uni that were asking for something higher then my predicted grades, so i think you should go ahead and apply. I think you have a good mix.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending