Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The thing is... I do tell him AGAIN after the 1st date and by the 2nd, he still try it on and eventually, he's in dumpville and try to crawl back to me by being too clingy. I guess maybe I am after the wrong kinds, most are the confident types. But I do try to be open minded...but can't help who i'm attracted to.
    And they can't help being attracted to you. It's all well and good wishing all men were perfect gentlemen, but they just aren't, especially at your age. At least you're standing up for yourself and not being pressured into things you don't want to do.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you aren't ready to date?

ReputationRep:
    Right, I'm a girl 18 years old,I've never been in a proper relationship because I'm afraid guys will use me for one thing and will GOoooo, that would break me...

Anyway,I've been on lots of dates with many guys. I think I'm a decent girl and well most of them think I'm one of the '' nicest girls'' and can easily talk to me about anything. I've recently got asked out more during the summer holiday, and have been on some dates BUT on every dates, most of the guys are too forward like kissing me full on and trying to fondle me... I hate it and recently there was this one guy who tried to get me into bed by the second date ...

These guys I date, I don't even know them to start with and they act like that on the first few dates... I just want a decent genuine guy that would like me for ME. I'm really sick of guys right now. I'm put off by guys who are forward too. ARGH.

Sorry about the rant... I've given up hope on thinking there are decent guys around .
    OP - I recon your will meet someone on your level , if you go out to the right sort of places to meet someone in the first place you'll feel comfortable with! hope this he;lps!

ReputationRep:
    Right, I'm a girl 18 years old,I've never been in a proper relationship because I'm afraid guys will use me for one thing and will GOoooo, that would break me...

Anyway,I've been on lots of dates with many guys. I think I'm a decent girl and well most of them think I'm one of the '' nicest girls'' and can easily talk to me about anything. I've recently got asked out more during the summer holiday, and have been on some dates BUT on every dates, most of the guys are too forward like kissing me full on and trying to fondle me... I hate it and recently there was this one guy who tried to get me into bed by the second date ...

These guys I date, I don't even know them to start with and they act like that on the first few dates... I just want a decent genuine guy that would like me for ME. I'm really sick of guys right now. I'm put off by guys who are forward too. ARGH.

Sorry about the rant... I've given up hope on thinking there are decent guys around .
    I feel exactly the same asyou. Best thing is to try not to worry, guys come along an unexpected times i guess...

ReputationRep:
    I know you say they won't "accept it", but really try to be friends with more guys. If they're not okay with just being friends, then they clearly don't like you for your personality. Don't let the gropey ones ruin your fun - there are plenty of nice guys out there.

By the way, I want to rep you for using the word "Dumpville".

ReputationRep:
    The old fashioned romance kind of guy I would like to be honest... I don't know how to find that kind of guy nowadays when some guys are forward nowadays.
    ...I must be meeting the wrong type of girls - that sums me up :eek:

EDIT:

From experience the more I try to play the gentleman - chances are that I get put into the 'nice guy' box as a result of this; this has happened to me many times.

This is why a lot of guys start to become quite forward.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a nice guy...and after a few "dates" if i ended up kissing somebody i would probably end up trying to take things further. That doesn't mean i'm some desperate pervert who's gagging for some "ass". I don't use people, if i go on "dates" with people it's because i actually like them, not because it want to ****.

Sorry, but does this make me a bad person? I'm pretty confused.

ReputationRep:
    As for the old fashioned thing, old fashioned chivalry is dead...probably because of the girls, they're a huge part of it at least.

Nice guys don't get the girls. Well, rarely. Girls get bored...so if you wanna get people you gotta be a little mean and selfish, then girls complain about guys not being nice?
    smh

ReputationRep:
    you get one thread by girls saying 'nice guys bore me' and another saying 'there are no nice guys anymore'

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't rec. being 'friends' with guys. That causes waaaaaaay too many problems if you like them etc.

Just be honest, genuine, and tell them straight out to wise up a bit - if they really like you - they'll abide.

ReputationRep:
    Im just wondering but could you not go on these 'dates' with another friend and if possible a male friend, that should stop them from trying it on with you so much. That way you can enjoy being around your friends and if need be they can help you if things get out of hand...

ReputationRep:
    it saddens me when i hear this cos i bet you have a male friend who fancies the **** out of you but hasn't said anything due to not wanting to ruin the friendship.

and yes i was the friend and this ol "i'm sick of guys thing" made me want to jus t shake her like an angry babysitter screaming shut up , just shut up .

ReputationRep:
    I'd like I'm one of those old-fashioned guys myself but it doesn't seem to have got me anywhere. As someone said ^^^ the nice guys tend to be the one who don't get the girl

Plus the problem with being a nice guy nowadays is that people automatically think that because you don't try to get into the pants of every girl you meet then you have to be gay.

And then nice guys tend to be the ones that girls want to be friends with mainly because they are the only type of guys that they can talk to. They then seldom notice these guys for anything more than friends.

I'm waiting til the right girl comes along because I don't see the point in me trying to be something I'm not by acting mean or hard. I've a feeling I could wait a while but it should be worth the wait

Basically OP I'm letting you know that there are nice guys out there but you probably just need to look a bit harder for them.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think I'm a nice guy, but this didn't stop me from kissing my girlfriend of nearly two years on our first 'date' (wasn't really a date) after she initiated it and was very forward. Problem? I don't see that there is one? If you go on a date (and especially if it goes well as you've described [lots of chat and laughter]), there is a natural assumption that you are both attracted to each other. What is more natural than a kiss to show your feelings? IF you don't want the 'fondling' then fine, just tell them you're not ready, but there's no need to dump a guy because he wants to kiss you!

I would be VERY offended if a girl I took out for DATE, enjoyed her time but then blew me off because I wanted to show my affection for her! If you're out solely as friends then fine, you're right, but a date is different.

ReputationRep:
    Guy's are horny optimistic opportunists. I'd be surprised if they didn't try and get you in bed to be honest. You just have to let them know that you are not ready for that and not that kind of easy girl. If they respect that and still want to see you and hang out then they must be nice lads. Probably.

(I actually told a guy I really fancied after kissing him at his house that I didn't want sex with him (how's that for blunt!) and he laughed and gave me a hug & he still kept texting me to hang out. But then I messed it up a while later cos I'm mental. Yesss.)

ReputationRep:
    Using my powers of deductive reasoning:

There are no nice guys who go on dates.
    All the guys replying to this post are like 'oh but I'm a nice guy '

So it seems clear that a) All nice guys are losers that sit on the computer all day b) There is no such thing as nice guys and everyone on TSR lies.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    Using my powers of deductive reasoning:

There are no nice guys who go on dates.
    All the guys replying to this post are like 'oh but I'm a nice guy '

So it seems clear that a) All nice guys are losers that sit on the computer all day b) There is no such thing as nice guys and everyone on TSR lies.

Hope this helps.
    ..........lol. Who says were on our computers all days. Right now atm Im bored and waiting for a friend to get his gcse results so I can go around to congratulate him.

There are nice guys left but they are proabably not as popular as other guys.

I went out with a girl at school for a week, and as she had given a bj to another guy a month before, all the other guys at my school were pestering me to get the same or try something similar. Hey I was going out with the girl cause I liked her.....point made is that some ppl think that your gay if you dont go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fat_hobbit)
    From experience the more I try to play the gentleman - chances are that I get put into the 'nice guy' box as a result of this; this has happened to me many times.

This is why a lot of guys start to become quite forward.
    SOOOO true! what do you ladies want?!?!

ReputationRep:
    People think you're gay for going out with a girl?... Either they're morons (so don't listen to them) or they're conspiracy theorists that think you're just dating her as a cover-up (so don't listen to them).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GTi)
    SOOOO true! what do you ladies want?!?!
    A man that will be charming, buy them flowers and dinner, dance like an angel then lead them to their door, kiss them softly on the cheek, say what a fantastic evening was had, embrace, then dissapear into the rain. She will wake up the next morning to find flowers at her doorstep, a message written in cursive asks her to meet him for lunch. He spends time with her, gets to know her, care for her, understand her. And slowly they fall in love. Then he ties her down, slaps her about a bit and ****s her up the ass before pulling out and cumming on her tits.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.