Turn on thread page Beta

I'm fed up of most guys! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    People think you're gay for going out with a girl?... Either they're morons (so don't listen to them) or they're conspiracy theorists that think you're just dating her as a cover-up (so don't listen to them).

I think that's cos he is about 16. You're friends think the gay ones are the ones who can't get a girlfriend by the time you're 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenna_is_ace)
    I think that's cos he is about 16. You're friends think the gay ones are the ones who can't get a girlfriend by the time you're 20.
    HA I got one at 19. I'm not gay :proud:

ReputationRep:
    most guys are only after 1 thing! the number of times i go out at uni and at home and i see guys pulling 3,4,5 girls in 1 night - it sickens me! i couldn't do that! i would much rather be with 1 person and get to know them before anything serious. don't worry you'll find someone

I know how ya feel OP.

Try not to let it get you down - im sure there will be that special person for you eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Right, I'm a girl 18 years old,I've never been in a proper relationship because I'm afraid guys will use me for one thing and will GOoooo, that would break me...

Anyway,I've been on lots of dates with many guys. I think I'm a decent girl and well most of them think I'm one of the '' nicest girls'' and can easily talk to me about anything. I've recently got asked out more during the summer holiday, and have been on some dates BUT on every dates, most of the guys are too forward like kissing me full on and trying to fondle me... I hate it and recently there was this one guy who tried to get me into bed by the second date ...

These guys I date, I don't even know them to start with and they act like that on the first few dates... I just want a decent genuine guy that would like me for ME. I'm really sick of guys right now. I'm put off by guys who are forward too. ARGH.

Sorry about the rant... I've given up hope on thinking there are decent guys around .
    I've read like 100 of these posts. Why aren't girls like you in my area? pfff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fat_hobbit)
    From experience the more I try to play the gentleman - chances are that I get put into the 'nice guy' box as a result of this; this has happened to me many times.

This is why a lot of guys start to become quite forward.
    Damn right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozy)
    I've read like 100 of these posts. Why aren't girls like you in my area? pfff
    Because most of these girls go out with a 'nice guy' who never makes a move and treats them in a completely asexual manner, and then they realise just how ****ing boring that is and bang some drunk guy in an alley. ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3232)
    Because most of these girls go out with a 'nice guy' who never makes a move and treats them in a completely asexual manner, and then they realise just how ****ing boring that is and bang some drunk guy in an alley. ;yes;
    Yep, that's me. I'm the least suggestive and least forward guy I know I think. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3232)
    very true almost tragically true.

ReputationRep:
    im of sorta that type in the sense that i dont force it but i will tell a girl if she looks beautiful or not, but if the not pushy for sex types are so wanted, why is it we have so little luck (well my case for the past months)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by $am0th)
    im of sorta that type in the sense that i dont force it but i will tell a girl if she looks beautiful or not, but if the not pushy for sex types are so wanted, why is it we have so little luck (well my case for the past months)

Because asexual men whose every other word is a compliment are slightly less attractive than AIDS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3232)
    Because asexual men whose every other word is a compliment are slightly less attractive than AIDS.
    ofc not over the top m8 ;<

ReputationRep:
    Get to know a guy first - be friends first - THEN go out on a date if you two happen to fancy each other. You're more likely to find a guy who's actually suitable (because you would already have an idea as to how you'll get along together) and someone who you trust and you care about each other, since you're already friends. He's also less likely to play around with you because he would actually care about your friendship.

It's unlikely that a shy guy would ask a random girl on the street out on a date, so those who do ask you would be the confident lot, and within this group it's more likely that you'll find people going in for a casual bit of fun or just hoping to get laid. You're looking for a slightly subtler, gentlemanly kinda man and I dunno, maybe it's just me but "subtle" doesn't really go with "asking a stranger out on a date" to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3232)
    :rofl:
    Marry me. Please.

From experience the more I try to play the gentleman - chances are that I get put into the 'nice guy' box as a result of this; this has happened to me many times.

This is why a lot of guys start to become quite forward.
    I think that's partly true, actually. But maybe it's also to do with age - as guys get older, they're sick of being ignored, and get more confident in themselves. Maybe all their preconceptions about how girls like to be treated have dissipated with time and experience?

ReputationRep:
    ah man... what happened to good ol' fashioned boning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Right, I'm a girl 18 years old,I've never been in a proper relationship because I'm afraid guys will use me for one thing and will GOoooo, that would break me...

Anyway,I've been on lots of dates with many guys. I think I'm a decent girl and well most of them think I'm one of the '' nicest girls'' and can easily talk to me about anything. I've recently got asked out more during the summer holiday, and have been on some dates BUT on every dates, most of the guys are too forward like kissing me full on and trying to fondle me... I hate it and recently there was this one guy who tried to get me into bed by the second date ...

These guys I date, I don't even know them to start with and they act like that on the first few dates... I just want a decent genuine guy that would like me for ME. I'm really sick of guys right now. I'm put off by guys who are forward too. ARGH.

Sorry about the rant... I've given up hope on thinking there are decent guys around .
    Seems like you're looking for something (a sexual relationship) and in the process are stumbling into forms of it you're not comfortable with. Go back to square one, think clearly - what is it you want? Is the sexual or the relationship component most important? From your description, the relationship aspect is most important, as with most girls. Given that is the case, perhaps you should divert your attention to guys that make 'good friends', then consider exploring from that point on. Inherently, it will require more patience and things will occur more slowly (first encounter to first date will be at least 3 months!), but the waiting interval will weed out those whose primary interest is sex, and leave mostly those interested in a good friendship, with romantic complications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Katie*)
    I think that's partly true, actually. But maybe it's also to do with age - as guys get older, they're sick of being ignored, and get more confident in themselves. Maybe all their preconceptions about how girls like to be treated have dissipated with time and experience?
    Yes, that was what happened to me. I learnt the hard way.

It is incredibly frustrating when you are in situations with girls you could have so easily taken advantage of, but had the decency not too. Yet despite this, you just end up getting treated like that...A timid pushover.

Plus, it does not help that a lot of girls will not admit to this (so I admire your honesty) and tell you that you will find a 'nice girl' eventually. To complicate matters, a lot would just say 'they' want a gentleman, but in reality end up just going for the complete opposite.

So you just don't know where you are going wrong until about the 5th time.

ReputationRep:

It is incredibly frustrating when you are in situations with girls you could have so easily taken advantage of, but had the decency not too. Yet despite this, you just end up getting treated like that...A timid pushover.

Plus, it does not help that a lot of girls will not admit to this (so I admire your honesty) and tell you that you will find a 'nice girl' eventually. To complicate matters, a lot would just say 'they' want a gentleman, but in reality end up just going for the complete opposite.

I think you'd be suprised just how often girls are hoping you'll take advantage of them Try asking one, after the fact, to be honest with you about what they thought about. In my experience it's you that's supposed to take the responsibility, not them. If you're waiting for women to seduce you, you'll be waiting a long time.

ReputationRep:

These people dont make sense, saying you want one thing and actually wanting another is lying and really screwed up. Girls be honest for once, if you are saying to a guy "you will find a nice girl" eventually, then what does it make you? I do think insecurity plays a big part and some girls (not all) dont think they can be treated better and so go for the same old non-gentlemen guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DodgyTrousers)
    I think you'd be suprised just how often girls are hoping you'll take advantage of them Try asking one, after the fact, to be honest with you about what they thought about. In my experience it's you that's supposed to take the responsibility, not them. If you're waiting for women to seduce you, you'll be waiting a long time.
    After complaining to my female mates in real life by saying, "ahhh why the fu** didn't I just take advantage of her and gone for it? Such an idiot. All that effort getting a number, getting a day 2 was such a waste of time"
    They would say - "you are a 'gentleman', that is why...That is a good thing, I wish I could meet a guy like that -- that is a good quality" :rolleyes: .

On one hand they would say this, but the IRONIC thing is, they will be getting off with different guys every week :rolleyes: It is just BS.

...anyway, it got me nowhere.

The girls I basically ******ed up with - I was unable to ask them about this, because by that point things got far too awkward - meeting up again for a day 3 was way too problomatic. Like they would put off my invites, keep their distance etc. (unlike before).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.