Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelioneil)
    These people dont make sense, saying you want one thing and actually wanting another is lying and really screwed up. Girls be honest for once, if you are saying to a guy "you will find a nice girl" eventually, then what does it make you? I do think insecurity plays a big part and some girls (not all) dont think they can be treated better and so go for the same old non-gentlemen guys
    Yes, the ironic thing though is with every girl that has said that to me so far has at one point or the other has attempted to hit on me. One girl, on a night out, saw me - I went to say hello to her...Then tried to kiss me like 3 times on three different occasions. Her 'friends' had to save her eventually.

...I was not interested. So didn't persue it.

What annoys me though, is that when they are sober and stuff they would openly also say to me "I hope you see me as a friend and thats all" :rolleyes:

Ridiculous - make up your mind, honestly.

ReputationRep:
    I came across the following a while back:
    "A woman sells sex for love; a man sells love for sex".

The problem occurs where a man gives 'love' (affection, concern, care - in general, friendship) for free. Then the woman has no need to sell to obtain the reward, she thus sells to someone else, maximising the reward. The converse also applies of course, since if a man is offered sex without needing to be loving, he need not waste time and energy providing it, when he could trade it in another relationship and obtain further benefit.

That is one of the reasons why nice guys finish last!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.