What's the most important characteristic of a good partner?

Watch
VaticanCameos
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What do you think is the most important characteristic of a good romantic partner?

Do you go for looks or personality? Which is most important to you and why?
Is a hot body and nice eyes or kindness and honesty more important to you?

I'd say characteristics like trust and humour are important in a partner. I think this is because i feel a relationship should be built on trust and without humour the relationship might be too serious.
username47781
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In my book if you are really good looking but have a bad personality, that puts me right off straight away. You gotta have something good about you like intelligence and loyalty to win over me, not to mention liking a laugh and a bit of an adventure.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A relationship can be serious and you can still laugh a lot:P A sense of humour and a caring attitude is most important to me
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personality, kindness, honesty, the ability to support you, cheer you up and make you laugh.
hippieglitter
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends what stage in your relationship your in. What's most important for me now is that my fiance is on the same page as me, at a point in my life where I want to buy a house, get married and start a family (in that order) i need to know he wants the same things. At a younger age it was more about having fun, I chose my fiance on first appearances because I found him attractive and he made me laugh, I stayed with him because he was a good conversationalist and was good in bed, now we know we want the same things out of life.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The most important characteristic for me other than loyalty of course, would be empathy. If someone can empathise then it makes all the difference. They put your feelings into consideration and are more careful they don't hurt you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.18%
No - I have already returned home (52)
12.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
19.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (117)
29.18%

Watched Threads