Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    it shouldnt hurt to put it in, you have to use a certain amount of pressure but not so much that your in pain, maybe your trying to make it go in at the wrong sort of angle?... try using KY jelly or something similar if your trying to put one in when your not on your period

ReputationRep:
    It's probably the angle - aim it at a 45 degree angle and relax. It shouldnt hurt, unless theres not enough moisture?

ReputationRep:
    Could be the angle - I've done it standing and sitting and they both hurt Haven't tried the foot on the toilet seat thing yet but will do lol.

Moisture - dunno - period's only just started but it seems to be moderate flow right now. It could well be the moisture cus when I tried rotating the tampon it kinda hurt cus the applicator felt a little like it's stuck to my skin kinda thing.

But yeh, trying to put it in kinda hurt Hmmm what to do? Keep trying? I'm not forcing it much and I think I'm not tensed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Could be the angle - I've done it standing and sitting and they both hurt Haven't tried the foot on the toilet seat thing yet but will do lol.

Moisture - dunno - period's only just started but it seems to be moderate flow right now. It could well be the moisture cus when I tried rotating the tampon it kinda hurt cus the applicator felt a little like it's stuck to my skin kinda thing.

But yeh, trying to put it in kinda hurt Hmmm what to do? Keep trying? I'm not forcing it much and I think I'm not tensed up.
    Yeh keep trying. When you say 'sitting' do you mean squatting (thats what I do). And foot on the toilet seat is indeed a good method.
    Maybe try it without the applicator, I hate those things :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yam)
    Yeh keep trying. When you say 'sitting' do you mean squatting (thats what I do). And foot on the toilet seat is indeed a good method.
    Maybe try it without the applicator, I hate those things :p:
    How would you do it without an applicator?

Hmmm it leaves me feeling kinda sore after trying

ReputationRep:
    Change the angle if it won't go any further. Wiggle it about until you get it in.

And obv. stop if you hurt yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    How would you do it without an applicator?

Hmmm it leaves me feeling kinda sore after trying
    You just grab it by the base where the string is and stick it in!

Stop if you're sore, and try some lube on the end if you can next time you try. Might be easier tomorrow if your flow gets a bit heavier.

ReputationRep:
    Remember to angle the tampon up and back (towards your lower back) rather than straight up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still quite new to tampons: I've only used them for the entirety of about two periods so far and I still use a small mirror. It took me 25 minutes to insert my first tampon. I decided to switch to tampons because I've used towels for six years and I'm getting really fed up of how often the wings become unstuck! :mad: My verdict is that it is definitely worth getting used to tampons because they are more reassuring, they are less sweaty and they last a lot longer!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.