The Student Room Group

why windows 7 more expensive than windows 10?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spotify95
Goodness knows. They will somehow though, I can guarantee that! :yep:

yeah lmao you can't get anything for free off microsoft
:colone:

I'll see if I can find them pictures for you.
I have steered clear of Windows 10 chiefly because of the amount of customization features that even Windows 8.1 had that have either been removed from Windows 10 altogether or just harder to access.
Original post by Tootles
Why are you trying to buy a copy of a seven-year-old operating system that's not even been supported for a year?

It's going to be supported until at least 2020 you pillock.. the version you are thinking of that ran out recently is XP.
Original post by goatygoat
It's going to be supported until at least 2020 you pillock.. the version you are thinking of that ran out recently is XP.
Support for Windows 7 ended on the 13th of January 2015, you pillock; though, yes, security updates will be provided until 2020 - to account for installations (primarily coproate) which are currently impractical to upgrade.

A word to the wize: research before posting. Especially if you ever quote me again, because you can be sure that if it's on this kind of subject, I'll have known what I was talking about since before you were born.
Original post by Tootles
Support for Windows 7 ended on the 13th of January 2015, you pillock; though, yes, security updates will be provided until 2020 - to account for installations (primarily coproate) which are currently impractical to upgrade.

A word to the wize: research before posting. Especially if you ever quote me again, because you can be sure that if it's on this kind of subject, I'll have known what I was talking about since before you were born.

I know what you mean but you are wrong. The fact is there is support until 2020; you did not specify and I assumed you were talking about security updates (as anyone else would).
Original post by goatygoat
I know what you mean but you are wrong. The fact is there is support until 2020; you did not specify and I assumed you were talking about security updates (as anyone else would).
Never assume a thing where there's nerds involved. Now get back to your planes and leave me alone.
Original post by Tootles

*wise. If you're going to patronise other users, it's probably wise to ensure you've done the basics.
Original post by Reality Check
*wise. If you're going to patronise other users, it's probably wise to ensure you've done the basics.
Funnily enough, as a writer, I know how to spell. If you're going to try and discredit what I say based on my preference for older spelling standards, that says more about you than me.
Original post by Tootles
Funnily enough, as a writer, I know how to spell. If you're going to try and discredit what I say based on my preference for older spelling standards, that says more about you than me.

It does say more about me - that I can spell. Your claim that it's a preference for an 'older spelling standard' is disingenuous, as well you know. 'Wise' has never routinely been spelt with a 'z' and the OED doesn't even define it as 'obsolete' or 'archaic'. You just got it wrong. Given your propensity to routinely mock and belittle members of TSR, you should expect your errors and mistakes to be picked up on.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending