The Student Room Group

is it weird to give a teacher a gift?

Hey everyone! my teacher recently restrung my tennis racket and i didn't realise it was such a big job and i feel really bad now. she bought some new funky coloured strings and redid the whole thing! She's also super nice to me in general and a great coach!
I feel like I should thank her, but is it werid or over the top to give her a gift and a card? should i just email her? thanks x
I think a small gift, or even just a card with a nice message in, is always gonna be gratefully received and can't go far wrong :h:
Yeah! A gift wouldn't be weird, it'd a nice way to show appreciation !
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I think a small gift, or even just a card with a nice message in, is always gonna be gratefully received and can't go far wrong :h:

would you like me to restring your racket ?

:ahee:
Nah it's totally fine. Me and the rest of my class(only nine of us) are all chipping in and getting our physics teacher a Christmas present for being such a good guy and teacher. Honestly he's the nicest guy I've ever met in my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

thanks! i was thinking a cute scented candle or something?
Original post by the bear

:eek2:

:headfire:

:nothing:

Spoiler

Reply 7
Original post by RossB1702
Nah it's totally fine. Me and the rest of my class(only nine of us) are all chipping in and getting our physics teacher a Christmas present for being such a good guy and teacher. Honestly he's the nicest guy I've ever met in my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's so cute! yeah my coach is honestly the sweetest person ever :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Supernova91
Yeah! A gift wouldn't be weird, it'd a nice way to show appreciation !

thanks! but idk if it's a bit suck-upy if you see what i mean?
Original post by daisyoliver
Hey everyone! my teacher recently restrung my tennis racket and i didn't realise it was such a big job and i feel really bad now. she bought some new funky coloured strings and redid the whole thing! She's also super nice to me in general and a great coach!
I feel like I should thank her, but is it werid or over the top to give her a gift and a card? should i just email her? thanks x

maybe a voucher for Sports Direct or sth ?
maybe a voucher for Sports Direct or sth ?

great idea! thanks x
No there'd be nothing wrong with that! I think that'd be nice!
Original post by daisyoliver
thanks! i was thinking a cute scented candle or something?

So sorry - I was so busy replying to Bear that I didn't see your post :facepalm:

Scented candle sounds nice! Or Sports Direct vouchers as suggested :smile:

:spank:
It's fine and they will be appreciative. A card and gift is good. I'd keep it small unless it is some end of year thing or a particular milestone.

You :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending