The Student Room Group

I need help studying.

Hey,

My main method of studying has been flash-cards, but it's taking WAAAY too long to just make them yet alone study them. I need a new method that is more efficient. Please give any advice that you have.
bump :smile:
Use your revision guide and sample answers of exam questions online, write notes based on it. Memorise it. :smile:
Good luck
Original post by Reapertinence
Hey,

My main method of studying has been flash-cards, but it's taking WAAAY too long to just make them yet alone study them. I need a new method that is more efficient. Please give any advice that you have.

Hey there,

I'd first off start by identifying your learning style, then tailor a method of studying around that. So for me I know that I learn best by having someone speak out the information to me and I make bullet point notes around that. That's why personally I work and learn really well with audiobooks, because I like the idea of someone almost being there and talking to me personally. However, if you need to write as a way of studying I'd recommend shortening the key points of what you need to know (I don't know what subject(s) we're talking about here so I can't help on that end hahahahaha) and writing them down on lined paper in short sentences. Even trying speaking out while walking in a room by yourself may suit the way you learn, the key again is to know your learning style and create something around that. Also, have you considered whether you're interested in the subject your studying enough to learn faster? Because weirdly enough this does make a huge difference, regardless of learning style. I hope that helps, let me know if I can help further!

Quick Reply

Latest