History Support GCSE Coursework please? Watch

MGK
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey everyone,

I am undertaking my history coursework, which is 2,000 words and is based on Malcolm X and Martin Luther King. I am unfamiliar with this amount, as I have never written an essay as long as this.

I was wandering if anybody could assist me on how to introduce it please?

The question follows:

"Who achieved more for Black Americans, Martin Luther King or Malcolm X" (50 marks)

I would think that I'd talk about the starting life of both, and outline what they bot did socially, politically and economically. However, some people are saying this isn't the best approach.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can start my essay please? Thank you very much in advance and kindest regards,

-MGK
Txhmid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did this essay and achieved full marks, it is actually so easy
Ask your teacher for everything, literally.

I can't exactly remember how I started mine, I did mine about a month and a half ago.

I guess you could start it with something like: Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, both great historical figures in regards to the Civil Rights Movement due to the fact that they both did great things for Black people, which in turn awarded them with a gargantuan amount of respect from all people across America, regardless of race. Although, many historians take into consideration the debate concerning the question "Who achieved more for Black Americans, Martin Luther King or Malcolm X?" and argue that one person achieved more than the other, making this topic a bone of contention. In this essay I will be evaluating, criticizing and identifying the various things the two individuals have achieved.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes and such, I'm exhausted (maths test tomorrow)
MGK
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Txhmid)
I did this essay and achieved full marks, it is actually so easy
Ask your teacher for everything, literally.

I can't exactly remember how I started mine, I did mine about a month and a half ago.

I guess you could start it with something like: Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, both great historical figures in regards to the Civil Rights Movement due to the fact that they both did great things for Black people, which in turn awarded them with a gargantuan amount of respect from all people across America, regardless of race. Although, many historians take into consideration the debate concerning the question "Who achieved more for Black Americans, Martin Luther King or Malcolm X?" and argue that one person achieved more than the other, making this topic a bone of contention. In this essay I will be evaluating, criticizing and identifying the various things the two individuals have achieved.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes and such, I'm exhausted (maths test tomorrow)
Hey man,

Congratulations on the great results! And I really appreciate the fact that you took your time out to base an introduction for me Thank you very much, this will come very handy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (98)
13.08%
1 (94)
12.55%
2 (94)
12.55%
19.36%
22.56%
19.89%

Watched Threads