The Student Room Group

Unconditional Offer?

Hey guys,

Ive just recives an unconditional offer from MMU for Law, the entry requirments were BBB but im predicted AAB and MMU is my backup choice, Manchester ( i get a reduced offer of ABB for them too) or Exeter are my first. I was severly ill during one of my English exams and missed my Politics exam due to illness all of which is included in my reference. What does an uncodnitional offer usually comprise of? I know you dont necessarily have to get the A Level grades but are there any other incentives and do you have to include it as your firm?

Cheers!
Original post by Mancitygirlx
Hey guys,

Ive just recives an unconditional offer from MMU for Law, the entry requirments were BBB but im predicted AAB and MMU is my backup choice, Manchester ( i get a reduced offer of ABB for them too) or Exeter are my first. I was severly ill during one of my English exams and missed my Politics exam due to illness all of which is included in my reference. What does an uncodnitional offer usually comprise of? I know you dont necessarily have to get the A Level grades but are there any other incentives and do you have to include it as your firm?

Cheers!

What does the offer specifically say ?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
What does the offer specifically say ?

We have identified you as an exceptional applicant for this course.We may be able to make the offer unconditional before you complete relevant exams.Please see your MMU offer letter for further details before replying to the offers you receive. :smile:
We have identified you as an exceptional applicant for this course.We may be able to make the offer unconditional before you complete relevant exams.Please see your MMU offer letter for further details before replying to the offers you receive. :smile:

They haven't sent you the offer letter yet?

I got the same message. I'm so confused. Although I got a conditional offer, the message says it could be unconditional.
Reply 5
Original post by anvianzi
I got the same message. I'm so confused. Although I got a conditional offer, the message says it could be unconditional.

Could it potentially mean that after you meet the conditions of the offer, the place is yours, hence why they're saying it can be an unconditional offer?
Original post by BBhardwa
Could it potentially mean that after you meet the conditions of the offer, the place is yours, hence why they're saying it can be an unconditional offer?

maybe? but they haven't said anything on the offer letter for further details.
I got an email form one of the universities I applied for saying - 'Thank you for applying for the Animal Therapy and Rehabilitation course at Warwickshire College Group. We are delighted to offer you a unconditional place.'
Does this mean that I have definitely got the place regardless of my A2 results?
Original post by anvianzi

You will most likely find that the offer will be conditional if you accept it as an insurance but become unconditional if you accept it firmly. It is an increasingly common means of putting pressure on candidates to make firm acceptances.
I'm in a similar situation with York uni. They gave me a conditional offer, yet in the email it said if I make them my firm choice they will change the offer to unconditional. As they were always going to be my firm choice regardless, does this mean I can consider it an unconditional? It confused me a little and I don't want to make it a big deal if it isn't
Reply 10
Original post by AdoptDontShop
I'm in a similar situation with York uni. They gave me a conditional offer, yet in the email it said if I make them my firm choice they will change the offer to unconditional. As they were always going to be my firm choice regardless, does this mean I can consider it an unconditional? It confused me a little and I don't want to make it a big deal if it isn't

Congratulations, you are going to York!
Original post by AdoptDontShop

Uni's such as York give unconditionals to candidates if they firm so that they can get the best possible people on the course. It's like "we'll help you if you help us" kind of thing. :smile: At least that's what I think it is.
Reply 12
Or to put it another way, they give "unconditional offer if firm" places to promising applicants who they think will probably exceed the conditional offer and go looking elsewhere through Adjustment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending