The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
No uni at the moment :p: been decorating over the weekend, stripping wall paper and paint is much fun!
Reply 581
Let me know how you do strawberry! Oh, and you should so add me on Yahoo! now :p:
Reply 582
Had to laugh about this. Possibly the best neg-rep I've ever received in terms of comedy value:

:p:

Your degree is a joke! I can just imagine it...

Year 1
Modules:
Turning on the TV
Using a remote
Programming a DVD
How to hold a camera

Year 2
Modules:
Turning off the TV
Volume Control
Advanced Progamming a DVD
How to turn on a Camera

Year 3
Modules:
History of the TV
Advanced Volume Control (Surround Sound)
Social Impacts of the Remote Control
How to take a video
How to take a photo

LOLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Your uni is crap too btw
LOLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Ha! Someone's got a bit of spare time on their hands it seems :teeth:

I don't get interesting negs...ever :frown:
Reply 584
Me either, and I agree way too much time on their hands!
cpj1987
Let me know how you do strawberry! Oh, and you should so add me on Yahoo! now :p:

Well I passed my review with 89.8%, so woooo! :biggrin:
Reply 586
strawberry_wise
Well I passed my review with 89.8%, so woooo! :biggrin:

Yay! Add me on yahoo!?

:p:

ID is cherylpennantjones...I think.
Got ya! :biggrin:
From the other thread....

cpj1987

And, a private message I was sent today by said user:

Cheryl Pennant Jones,

Oh my dear, I am not, in fact, a 'chav' and even less am I your 'friend'. I apologise if my bad english was misleading; I merely thought that someone studying 'TV production' at 'UCLan' would be better able to understand 'chav-speak'.

May I politely suggest that you spend just a little less time on TSR, retake your A-Levels, and go to a real university to study a real subject? If you do want to go into TV production, studying English Literature at a good university, get some good work experience, work for the university TV station and get a good class of degree. This will be infinitely more useful than the rubbish you are currently doing.

Yours sincerely,

A Well-Wisher

Hehe. Best part of subbing.

Rep for you tomorrow if you tell me who that is :teeth:
Reply 589
<CJ>
From the other thread....

Rep for you tomorrow if you tell me who that is :teeth:

Haha, no. That's harsh. :p:

My only clue is that they've written a long post on a related thread tonight. :biggrin:
Reply 591

I said nothing, and gave away no clues notable enough to help you find that out. :tsr2:
Of course of course :tsr:

My powers of deduction are quite legendary :mute:

*Is writing what could turn out to be a lengthy and possibly confusing, even to me, reply to that post*
Reply 593
<CJ>
Of course of course :tsr:

My powers of deduction are quite legendary :mute:

*Is writing what could turn out to be a lengthy and possibly confusing, even to me, reply to that post*

I look forward to reading it. :biggrin:

I found one line that explained the person's mindset perfectly to me, and chose to point that out.

It's a shame that whilst some of want to learn, for the passion of learning; many still see a degree as something that needs to be 'won' as an instant pass into the world of work.
Dear oh dear.

Most probably the biggest post i've ever made :eek:

at gone 2 in the morning

and slightly under the influence as well.

*takes in massive breathe of air*
Reply 595
<CJ>
Dear oh dear.

Most probably the biggest post i've ever made :eek:

at gone 2 in the morning

and slightly under the influence as well.

*takes in massive breathe of air*

Marathon post!

I've been waiting up for that...now I need sleep!

Will be back in here tomorrow, no doubt.
Oh god, sorry :redface:

I'm not looking forward to having to respond to another multi quoted response if i'm honest :redface: Uh-oh, what have I done.

Sleep! good idea.
Reply 597
Hello Mousers!

Just checking in on everyone's summers!
Mine is an insane mix of working and spending at the moment. Bought myself a Nintendo Wii the other day, which I'm loving; and a new digital camera too, which should be arriving tomorrow. I've not done photography in a while due to not having a decent camera, but I'll be back into it soon!

Also have a job interview in Manchester tomorrow for a three-day Marketing thing. Great experience if I can get it (and for a major brand). They e-mailed me the info yesterday though, along with 'bring a portfolio'; so after a major panic last night, I've managed to potentially find a friend with a copy of an advert I made in first year to take along to this interview; fingers crossed!
Just need to shop for a decent outfit to wear to the interview now...

How's everyone else? :biggrin:
Reply 598
I'm sick at the moment with cold and headaches but it means I've been spending some time doing level editing and a bit of scripting. First meet up with the team who are making the film i'm helping out on, here's the FB link : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15002468246

[edit] make that a chest infection :s-smilie: I don't get sick... i'm fine.....d!
It's man flu $loth, man flu. It's different :ninja:

It's going to annoy me soon, not having a job. If i'm honest I would be fine without one, but for the sake of summer expenditure, money in the bank for next term and just that little extra on the CV I think it's going to eat away at me.
I don't know if there's a hell of a lot more I can do, and for now i've still got time on my side... but we'll see. I won't let it get me down as i've got plenty to look forward to, so all is good really :cool:

Oh, and dissertation research will have to begin soon. THAT'LL BE FUN :indiff:

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending