Turn on thread page Beta

Lady in Black watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is a really good play!/book you should see it and read it
    It was far scarier than any film id eva watched
    Any1 else seen it?

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about woman in black? If you are i totally agree i went to see it and it was so scary everyone in the audience screamed and jumped and when we left the theatre my friend got scared by a bus breaking and i swear i heard knocking upstairs. Also the theatre (fortune theatre london)has such a claustiphobic feel it helps so much wit the atmosphere! i really want to go to london to see it again but trains are so expensive!

for anyone who hasnt seen it you so should!

ReputationRep:
    I saw it last Tuesday (21st), it was brilliant except we had to get moved because my friend's legs were starting to ache (it's a small theatre, one of the smallest in the West End), and we got moved to a box - brilliant, except it meant we couldn't see the corner where everything important happened. Boo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightowl)
    I saw it last Tuesday (21st), it was brilliant except we had to get moved because my friend's legs were starting to ache (it's a small theatre, one of the smallest in the West End), and we got moved to a box - brilliant, except it meant we couldn't see the corner where everything important happened. Boo!
    this play was great, made me jump more than any of the films I've watched!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, its superb

the screems are frickin loud

can nayone recommend anythign ismilar? horror theatre seems to start and end with this play from what i have seen

ReputationRep:
    The Mouse Trap! Go see the Mouse Trap! Although this play is great Mouse trap is better in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    I was ****ting myself in the theater..I think i cried....It was a few years back.
    However, All my fears were subsided when I was constantly reminded by my mate that her name is Jennet Eliza.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to see this in October/November. Can't wait

ReputationRep:
    I saw this a few years ago and remember absoloutely loving it at the time and being very scared!! Unfortunately I have a **** memory and have totally forgotten the story :eek:

Anyone wanna be nice and trigger my memory with what it's about? If so obviously do it in white text or something so it doesn't spoil it for others.

ReputationRep:
    I think I saw this one last summer, i remember screaming. I might go and see it again actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuremanc)
    I saw this a few years ago and remember absoloutely loving it at the time and being very scared!! Unfortunately I have a **** memory and have totally forgotten the story :eek:

Anyone wanna be nice and trigger my memory with what it's about? If so obviously do it in white text or something so it doesn't spoil it for others.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Man writing a play on his personal experience of visiting a dead womans house, hauntedness ensues

ReputationRep:
    I remember seeing the women in black about 3 years ago, still can;t think of it without being totally terrified!!! Scariest play ever (but probably the best play ever because of it!!!)

ReputationRep:
    Scariest and best play ever.

ReputationRep:
    Asumming that it's 'woman n black' that is being referred to - yes!! Brilliant play. I saw it about 2 months ago and i thought it was great. as some1 said, it is a small theatre but i think that is what adds to the atmosphere and suspense! i thought it was amazking how the did such a grea job with such a minimal set and only 2 man characters - fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    From what you've all said, I'm definitely going to see this if I ever get the chance!

ReputationRep:
    I went to see it in second year with school and got really freaked out:
    General plot of play was **** scary
    Got back from London at about midnight so there was the usual night spookiness
    I got into the kitchen and couldn't look at the rocking chair :eek: (and have never looked at it the same way)
    I live next to a graveyard and my bedroom is on that side of the house and it was a really windy night so the trees were blowing around the whole night and making weird noises
    Needless to say I got very scared that night but it was a brilliant play!! I really want to see it again but don't know when I'll get the chance...

ReputationRep:
    The rocking chair bit was freaky! Does anyone know anywhere where this is showing? I really want to take someone to see it before they go back to uni

ReputationRep:
    I totally forgot about this thread lol
    Jaw - you should google it
    Sarczam - your from peterborough woo excpet from it is a bit crap where abouts?

People should read the play! that freaked me out too espically as i was reading it at night and my house creaks etc. lol

Our theatre was small but i cant remember or what it was called it was in convent garden but arent they all? Except that icecream was ludicoursly expensive urgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowspiderweb)
    I totally forgot about this thread lol
    Jaw - you should google it
    Sarczam - your from peterborough woo excpet from it is a bit crap where abouts?

People should read the play! that freaked me out too espically as i was reading it at night and my house creaks etc. lol

Our theatre was small but i cant remember or what it was called it was in convent garden but arent they all? Except that icecream was ludicoursly expensive urgh
    Went to see it with the gf again monday night. She was bricking it lol They started showing it in the Fortune Theatre, a minutes walk from convent garden underground, 6 mins from leicester square.. till November or so I think. go through Last minute.com to get tickets for a tenner each

ReputationRep:
    We went to see it with school. Was on the front row. The woman brushed past the people on the ends of the rows and there was a general gasping sound.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.