Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol when we got up to leave, there was a seat that was stuck down that we couldve sworn was up to start with.. maybe we wathch too much tv, but its not what you wanna see after that play :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I saw it last year in about May or something, when it came up to Newcastle. I was terrified! It is seriously scary; probably something to do with the fact it's all so personal and in front of you, on stage, rather than behind a screen.

ReputationRep:
    it was build up too much. i went on a school trip, so students that had seen it before told me how terrified i was going to be, so it kinda ruined it. its better if you go expected not to be scared. having said that, there were still moments i nearly screamed.

another play i want to see is The Masque of the Red Death. its one where you walk around a warehouse or something, and in the different rooms different stuff is going on. apparently you have to wear a cloak and a mask which is given to you when you arrive. my sister heard someone talking about it before. the person was saying that she hadnt seen it but someone elses description of it gave her nightmares

http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/reddeath

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I went to see it a couple of years ago. I have never been so terrfied. I never thought I'd be so terrified!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    The rocking chair bit was freaky!
    Omg! The rocking chair bit freaked me out for ages - I have a rocking chair in my room atm, see (not through choice lol) and I couldn't look at it in the dark for aaaaaages after.

I saw this in the New Theatre in Cardiff with the West End cast touring. It was so scary. I didn't think live theatre could be scary but I was so so wrong lol.

ReputationRep:
    terrifying play ! we were sat right at the front so we saw the woman in black walking up the steps and we could see her face and urgh. the bit with the cart and the screaming...urgh. !
    i'd love to go see it again though !

ReputationRep:
    When I went to see it everyone told me for about a week beforehand that it would terrify me, so by the time I got there I was kind of expecting it and the scariness kind of lost the impact...I thought the ending was quite poignant though ^^

ReputationRep:
    I went to see it at the fortune theatre, 5 minutes in had a panic attack (the theatre is really claustrophobic) so went to the bar to calm down, and the woman in black floated through. The actress, not a ghost =] It was really surreal.

ReputationRep:
    *Bumps the thread*

(Original post by ununpentium)
    I went to see it at the fortune theatre, 5 minutes in had a panic attack (the theatre is really claustrophobic) so went to the bar to calm down, and the woman in black floated through. The actress, not a ghost =] It was really surreal.
    Aww. I was sat up top and my friend started crying because she was so scared of heights and the seats at the top were really steep.

Went to see this about a year ago with school for drama. I actually had to sleep with my light and TV on for a couple weeks after seeing it :rolleyes:

And at this very moment, a bunch of my friends are watching it right now with school. I got given the offer to go again but suprisingly, I didn't really want to be scared out of my mind again :shifty: (although the performance is actually incredible and very well done)

ReputationRep:
    ok i may sound like a really big wimp but by the sound of all these reviews and what my teacher told me i really don't want to see this play. i'm being made to go by the drama department as its part of our theatre review section for gcse drama. when my teacher said it was a horror/scary i knew i was not going to like it, i hate horror/thriller/scary movies or tv programmes or anything like that, i got scared watching the little shop of horrors!!! has anyone got any tips on how to survive? i know i will end up ****ting myself and crying by the end of it!

p.s. my teacher also said it scared the crap out of her, now i'm really freaking out.

ReputationRep:
    calm down, you wont die

if you just want to avoid it then take soem ear muffs because a lot of the scaryness comes from the sound system.

ReputationRep:
    Well I spent the majority of it hiding behind my coat
    And unfortunately for me, I was sat right in front of one of the speakers.
    So I suggest take a coat and ear muffs, and if anyone asks, just say you're very cold

Erm, basically the first act really isn't that bad. Once it gets to the end of it then it does get pretty scary. Act 2 is just :eek: though.

You can kind of tell when something horrible is going to happen, like in a movie when someone opens a door and you're saying "No! Don't go in there!" because you know it's gonna be bad. So always be prepared for that.

Not much else I can say really. If you're in the stalls then try avoid sitting on an end. I don't know what happens down there as I was at the top but I think the woman in black sometimes walks around there, brushing against you?

Good luck though! Although it is scary, it is an excellent play!

People who have seen it - did any of you hear the dog spider bark at all? I did and so did a lot of my friends but my teacher (whose seen it 7/8 times now) said he doesn't actually bark and it's just our imagination...? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    LilAngel - I'm another one who hates anything scary/horror or involving blood (can't even really watch hospital dramas on TV!), and yet I loved the Woman in Black. Don't worry about it and enjoy yourself

ReputationRep:
    I saw it about 4 years ago at college. I actually screamed the theatre down. As did the rest of my class. Absorlutely awesome. Really want to see it again but I'm trying to give it another couple of years cos I can still remember alot of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilAngel28)
    ok i may sound like a really big wimp but by the sound of all these reviews and what my teacher told me i really don't want to see this play. i'm being made to go by the drama department as its part of our theatre review section for gcse drama. when my teacher said it was a horror/scary i knew i was not going to like it, i hate horror/thriller/scary movies or tv programmes or anything like that, i got scared watching the little shop of horrors!!! has anyone got any tips on how to survive? i know i will end up ****ting myself and crying by the end of it!

p.s. my teacher also said it scared the crap out of her, now i'm really freaking out.

Don't worry about it, I hate horror movies. But the play is ace. I didn't want it to end, I enjoyed myself that much.

ReputationRep:
    i finally went to watch the play, it was as bad as i thought it would be. i watched the first act but by the time he entered the marsh house i had my bag in front of my face and i was hugging my knees. luckily i was at the top( the seats are really steep up there), i was literally shaking when i walked out and i thought i was going to hyperventile, i know that may sound a bit over dramatic but it got to me. i couldn't even sleep that night, however i do have to say the story line was very good along with the special affects and sounds. i went to the fortune theatre as well, everyone kept saying it was haunted- that didn't help at all.

i can honestly say i'm so glad i never have to see it again.

ReputationRep:
    I am honestly glad I won't see it again either - but that was because I just got bored when I saw it. It didn't strike me at all, everything done was awfully predictable to me... it was like "oo i'm going to walk towards this door now" *cue scream* hmmmm...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.