Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :sad: It's terrible.

ReputationRep:
    How could a 15 year old lad get access to a gun? It's pathetic how easy it must be to get one if this moron could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    How could a 15 year old lad get access to a gun? It's pathetic how easy it must be to get one if this moron could.
    Oh ! bright idea here!...instead of asking a proffesional for a gun...ask some bloody youngen and it might get there quicker!
    yea I agree with you here...

ReputationRep:
    wat u gotta understand is that if you were unfortunate enough to live under these circumstances, you would probably own a gun too.

its like, everyone got a gun right? so what u gonna do, trust ur karate skills? nah. u gonna buy a gun to protect yourself. this is how gun crime rises.

guns are a product of the poverty and drugs. these STUPID police and politicians dont understand this, they just tryin to take the guns out the hood. solve the ROOT PROBLEM first!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grizzly)
    wat u gotta understand is that if you were unfortunate enough to live under these circumstances, you would probably own a gun too.

its like, everyone got a gun right? so what u gonna do, trust ur karate skills? nah. u gonna buy a gun to protect yourself. this is how gun crime rises.

guns are a product of the poverty and drugs. these STUPID police and politicians dont understand this, they just tryin to take the guns out the hood. solve the ROOT PROBLEM first!!
    Are the people in "the hood" actually poor or just relatively poor? If it's relative (and I suspect it is) then there can be no cure for that.

ReputationRep:
    Grizzly there is no hood ina UK it's a US idea, it's been copycatted and badly, you shouldn't want to copy a society that has guns as part of their constitution, the fact that people have is frankly laughable.

It's moronic, and while I understand that poverty stricken areas don't have a great amount of role models, and that is a result of the gov - sincerely agree they are idiots - It's still not learning "to think for yourselves" it's just being lazy and copying other cultures because it seems cool, think about it, what has gang culture really got? Really got deep down as part of it's mantra, nothing just nihilism, it's worthless, you will either end up dead or in prison or you will grow up if you're lucky.

Don't get me wrong I can see the appeal, genuinely if I was part of that culture maybe I'd go astray, but you're devoiding your social responsibility away from what really is English culture and for that you deserve my contempt, you not you, I mean chavs can do better if you don't get brainwashed by idiotic cultural ideals that are not even a part of this countries culture anyway. Think for yourselves because you can be damn sure if you join a gang all you'll be doing is passing the buck to a leader, and basically thinking about nothing like some sheep in a herd.

ReputationRep:
    Big shame

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the attacker, but if you all saw the 11 year old, and he was a chavvy scumbag ****** from a council house background, what would your thoughts be then?

RIP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhe)
    Grizzly there is no hood ina UK it's a US idea, it's been copycatted and badly, you shouldn't want to copy a society that has guns as part of their constitution, the fact that people have is frankly laughable.

It's moronic, and while I understand that poverty stricken areas don't have a great amount of role models, and that is a result of the gov - sincerely agree they are idiots - It's still not learning "to think for yourselves" it's just being lazy and copying other cultures because it seems cool, think about it, what has gang culture really got? Really got deep down as part of it's mantra, nothing just nihilism, it's worthless, you will either end up dead or in prison or you will grow up if you're lucky.

Don't get me wrong I can see the appeal, genuinely if I was part of that culture maybe I'd go astray, but you're devoiding your social responsibility away from what really is English culture and for that you deserve my contempt, you not you, I mean chavs can do better if you don't get brainwashed by idiotic cultural ideals that are not even a part of this countries culture anyway. Think for yourselves because you can be damn sure if you join a gang all you'll be doing is passing the buck to a leader, and basically thinking about nothing like some sheep in a herd.
    when i said 'hood' i was being lazy, i dont mean exactly like america.

i mean poverty stricken, crime infested neighborhoods. and there are several in the UK from the London boroughs to areas in Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham etc

it doesnt matter if they are copying American culture, the fact is it exists and thats the way it is.

Birmingham for example is divided simple by the postcode. for example there is tension between B6 and B15 and lives have been lost. its a damn shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan)
    Big shame

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the attacker, but if you all saw the 11 year old, and he was a chavvy scumbag ****** from a council house background, what would your thoughts be then?

RIP.
    The same I'm not an idiot, everyone has worth regardless of their social circumstance, no person is better than another because of the society they were brought up in, we only hope they can escape from it if it's bad and not be a derogitary arse about it if they have a silver spoon inserted firmly up their rectum.

Precisely rest in peace, I would feel the same if you were a chav or a person outside of that culture, they are equal.

Grizzly: amen it's a damn shame, but what can you do but feel sorry for them.

ReputationRep:
    I work on the doors in liverpool and its bad for guns, if i wanted one i could easily get access to one inside an hour. If you go to some parts of Liverpool, like any other big city, its quite normal for young kids to have access to guns. This country is ****ed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhe)
    I was listening to the news today and apparently girls as young as 7 are involved in gangs? Why :confused:
    I was in a gang when I was 7. We had a den in the woods and everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertin du Nord)
    Yea, whatever - did you have memberships cards? didn't think so. 'ave it.

ReputationRep:
    What's sad is now because of one incident the nostalgia needle will come out of how back in the day of when most adults were a kid they could go for a game of footy without being stabbed or shot.

I love the stereotying. I don't need to have lived 10,000 years to know that scum have always existed. But it does make me laugh seeing the classic 'what has the world come too ' messages.

Sad case though.

BTW where are all the determinists? They should be saying 'It isn't this bag of chemicals fault. He is only brought up this way. We should lock him up for society protection but don't insult him! He is not morally responsible'. No no, everyone feel free to become a libertarian when you get a chance to yell at someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy_1989)
    Just watching that on the News now, really bad. Drive-by shooting on a BMX, on an 11 year old! How could an 11 year old possibly be involved guns and gangs?
    carrier, drug runner, messenger, snitch, pick pocket.

sad but doesnt surprise me anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    How can anyone shoot an 11 year old boy dead

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6959562.stm
    These are really cruel people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertin du Nord)
    lol so was I, another gang had built a make shift wall out of some discarded bricks, so we stole some eggs off someone's doorstep and attacked them, then built a big hut and fought of all challengers. We was hard core man

ReputationRep:
    thats a shame man

ReputationRep:
    Sigh, another black teenager getting innocently gunned down... he wasn't part of a gang, he never got into trouble, he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time... wait, he wasn't black??? How... how could that be? All gang shootings must involve someone who is black, surely!

ReputationRep:
    How much further can this all go? What's the next step? at worst you would fear being beaten up when walking down a street by yourself, never being shot dead for simply being there, what else is there left for them to do?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently there was some shottings today north of London somewhere and another teenager stabbed in Newcastle. Seems to be a daily thing now. I think it will get worse before better.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.