Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyril Sneer's Nose)
    I'll keep this simple. No.
    Well seing as the murderer is a child, and you want him raped to an inch of his life..

ReputationRep:
    It's such a sad thing that this is happening more often in todays society.
    It shouldnt be so easy to get hold of guns,
    and why on earth would you want to take away the life of a child and therefore damage the lives of so many other people (family etc)
    It's a terrible situation, i just cant understand it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    Well seing as the murderer is a child, and you want him raped to an inch of his life..
    And that means I encourage peadophilia? No, just simply no. Scum who deliberately shoots down an 11 year old deserve whatever they get IMO.

ReputationRep:
    The press conference with his parents made me cry.

Loved the description of Liverpool on Sky News though, saying that the city was in shock whereas it was usually "divided by football rivalry and gang warfare". :rolleyes:

(Original post by strawberry_wise)
    The press conference with his parents made me cry.

Loved the description of Liverpool on Sky News though, saying that the city was in shock whereas it was usually "divided by football rivalry and gang warfare". :rolleyes:
    The press conference was very sad. It's the fact he hadn't even started secondery school which really gets to me and seeing all his mates on tv talking about him. Seeing as the boy was an Everton fan its good that there will be some sort of acknowledgement of the tradgedy at the match tomorrow with a silence and players from both teams wearing black armbands.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he was only a year older than my little sister - she's practically a baby still.

His poor family.

Yeah it's good that Everton are doing that. Phil Neville's wooden appeal did make me giggle a little though, footballers can be very uncharismatic!

ReputationRep:
    The kids in England these days are far worse than adults. A lot of them in 'rough' areas have no ambition, therefore nothing to lose, and dont give a **** about going to jail.

ReputationRep:
    Chavs are ****ing crazy, one of them started on me branding a knife. I suppose such antisocial behaviour stems from a lack of parental control intertwined with little or no education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    I hardly think we're "screwed". Yes kids are getting involved in bad stuff but only a fairly small number and probably a lot grow out of it. We have a problem but there's no need to blow it out of proportion.
    so your saying an innocent eleven year old being shot in the head, while he trained for football, is simply a "problem"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan)
    Big shame

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the attacker, but if you all saw the 11 year old, and he was a chavvy scumbag ****** from a council house background, what would your thoughts be then?

RIP.
    just shut up.
    yerr?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemisssunshine7)
    so your saying an innocent eleven year old being shot in the head, while he trained for football, is simply a "problem"?
    A problem is neither simple nor not simple, it makes no judgement about the severity of the problem.

However, are you going to say that the disgraceful murder of an 11 year old boy is a national crisis or that there is a national crisis justifying the cry of "we're screwed"?

ReputationRep:
    A problem is neither simple nor not simple, it makes no judgement about the severity of the problem.

However, are you going to say that the disgraceful murder of an 11 year old boy is a national crisis or that there is a national crisis justifying the cry of "we're screwed"?
    personally i feel that when someone aged between 13 and 15 can get guns, never mind ride around shooting children as they play football, is a national crisis.

and i'm sure the child's family see the situation as more than a "problem".

ReputationRep:
    personally i feel that when someone aged between 13 and 15 can get guns, never mind ride around shooting children as they play football, is a national crisis.

and i'm sure the child's family see the situation as more than a "problem".
    Then you have little or no concept of what constitutes a crisis.

And the child's family are thinking emotionally not rationally.

ReputationRep:
    Then you have little or no concept of what constitutes a crisis.
    so what in your opinion, constitutes a crisis?

ReputationRep:
    so what in your opinion, constitutes a crisis?
    cri·sis (krī'sĭs) n. pl. cri·ses (-sēz)

a A crucial or decisive point or situation; a turning point.
    b An unstable condition, as in political, social, or economic affairs, involving an impending abrupt or decisive change.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/crisis

So things like an invasion, stock market crash, famine, pesitlence, that sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    do we know what this kid was like? Was he honestly just a little bystander or was he part of a rival gang? If so then its hardly a surprise and he hardly deserves to be labeled a poor tragic victim.

If no then i really hope this wakes people up when an 11 year old boy who has done no wrong can simply get gunned down for playing football

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the bad rep who ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    How can anyone shoot an 11 year old boy dead

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6959562.stm
    Omg that's so sad!

I am terribly sorry to hear about this, I offer my condolences.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.