Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well if the King's admin tutor made it seem like there is a good chance of transferring from QM if you do well enough why not go there?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Queen Mary's part of the University of London...which have all the good uni's in like Kings/UCL/Imperial/LSE I think, so even if you do graduate from QM...I can't see a problem, you'll get a degree from the University of London and not QM, unless you opt to have it for QM (think some of the uni's you can choose).

Anyway, for me I'd choose Edinburgh purely because it's a better university and nicer location, mile end...pah! Altho, it probably doesn't matter that much, a few stops on the tube and you're in central so it's fine I guess!

You might also wanna think about what facilities/research wise the courses offer.

ReputationRep:
    Imp isn't UoL anymore

ReputationRep:
    It will say your College and University of London. Although unfortunately for some people (I'm going to SOAS) it looks like a UoL degree is probably going to lose some of its prestige simply because Imperial have left and UCL I think are awarding their own degrees only starting this year...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think UCL and Kings give students the option of either having a UoL degree or the university's own degree.

Well the colleges I know that are a part of UoL are all quite prestigious....UCL/Kings/LSE/London business school/RVC...

Theres probably some that aren't so though..

ReputationRep:
    Am I too late or is there still time to persuade you? Sorry...just spotted this thread.

ReputationRep:
    One thing to consider. You would be highly unlikely to get accommodation at Queen Mary. From what I've heard there is at least 100 people on the waiting list. The longer you take to decide - the worse it will get for you in the accommodation hunt!

ReputationRep:
    I think I had a similar problem. For a very stupid reason I didn't apply to London. I had been offered a place at Warwick and Durham but I didn't want to go there, as I wanted to have fun. I thought about rejecting them, and applying to QMUL through extra. People thought I was crazy but the idea of being stuck in the middle of nowhere depressed me. In the end, I decided to put Warwick as my firm, but I was really unhappy about this decision. I didn't do well in the exams and didn't meet the requirements of my firm and insurance. Now, having applied through clearing, I'm going to QMUL. I'm quite happy and I don't care about Warwick.
    I'm not encouraging you to go to QMUL cause you must decide for yourself what you really want - this way you'll be responsible for your own mistakes and won't blame others. I know, this is a tough decision to make but I guess you can never know in advance which path will lead you to success.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm although Edinburgh is a great Uni, I have heard many MANY people who have had bad experiences with it, in regards to both education and the people they have met yet. But it really is your choice. I chose the mary for the course, and the location in London. It really was the best Uni in UoL for Drama apart from Goldsmiths which I didn't really like the atmosphere, too small and cliquey.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.