The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB Nursing Applicants 2016/7

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amymcculloch
Could anyone tell me how bursaries/student finance is working this year for QUB Nursing?

As I've mentioned above, you need to be resident in NI for 3 years prior to starting the course to be eligible to receive the bursary.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Could anyone tell me how bursaries/student finance is working this year for QUB Nursing?

If you're English, there are no bursaries. I was told I can still go but have to pay using my Student Finance England loan.
Reply 22
I know this thread is for QUB but I know a lot of you have applied to Magee too, I just got an interview for Magee today :smile:
I also got an interview for Magee today, 6th March :smile:
Reply 24
If you ring and explain to them I am sure they would let you reschedule :smile: it's probably only people who want to reschedule for less important reasons who may not get another date
i got a rejection email from Ulster today, fingers crossed for Queens :/
Reply 26
I got one for UU today but I need to reschedule it as I'll be in Dundee for an interview. Worried they won't let me as they're saying they can't guarantee I can get a new date. Anyone else in this situation? So stressed out.

Did you have any luck? I just realised I'll have to reschedule mine too
Original post by _Dreamer_
Did you have any luck? I just realised I'll have to reschedule mine too

Yes thankfully - the lady (Kate) was very helpful and was able to reschedule me. Call them ASAP because they can't guarantee it!
Reply 29
Original post by KBAN2455
If you're English, there are no bursaries. I was told I can still go but have to pay using my Student Finance England loan.

Worst of all, the policy of removing the bursary was to increase graduate nurses in England. Except UCAS has reported a 22% reduction in nursing applications.
Original post by Doxtan
Worst of all, the policy of removing the bursary was to increase graduate nurses in England. Except UCAS has reported a 22% reduction in nursing applications.

I don't think it's the best idea after all student nurses put a lot of hours in on placement in NHS care settings!
I don't personally mind using my English student finance in Northern Ireland as I didn't apply there for the bursary anyway, I applied because it's my first choice!
Reply 31
Original post by KBAN2455
I don't think it's the best idea after all student nurses put a lot of hours in on placement in NHS care settings!
I don't personally mind using my English student finance in Northern Ireland as I didn't apply there for the bursary anyway, I applied because it's my first choice!

What made you like NI so much you wanted to move from England?
Reply 32
Yes thankfully - the lady (Kate) was very helpful and was able to reschedule me. Call them ASAP because they can't guarantee it!

Just wondering what number you phoned to reschedule?
Just wondering what number you phoned to reschedule?

+44 28 7167 5032, her name is Kate Dooley and she'll be able to sort you out!
QUB have just posted on fb that they are sending out the first batch of invitations for interviews later today :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Catherine1983
QUB have just posted on fb that they are sending out the first batch of invitations for interviews later today :smile:

Now the heartbreaking wait of seeing my empty email box, wondering if I'll get an invite.
Original post by Doxtan
Now the heartbreaking wait of seeing my empty email box, wondering if I'll get an invite.

Be positive :smile: what strands have you applied for ?
Reply 37
I thought QUB always sent out their interview invites via post?
Reply 38
I thought QUB always sent out their interview invites via post?

You're right, my fault for skimming over the post. First time I've ever heard of a university sending out interviews by post. Now from watching my email to my post box.
Reply 39
Anybody know of anyone who got an interview? Just wondering if letters are out today or not until tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending