The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

If I fail to submit a assignment by the deadline do I fail the module?

I am currently in first year Games Technology
I have two deadlines for thursday 24th of November, I have completed one of the assignments, however I don't think I will be able to complete the second one by the deadline.
If I miss this deadline and fail the assignment will I have a chance to recover and pass the module or will it result in me failing the entire module?
Reply 1
Original post by Hazardflames
I am currently in first year Games Technology
I have two deadlines for thursday 24th of November, I have completed one of the assignments, however I don't think I will be able to complete the second one by the deadline.
If I miss this deadline and fail the assignment will I have a chance to recover and pass the module or will it result in me failing the entire module?

I think you lose 5% of your mark per day late
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Depends where you study. Most places should be nice enough to offer an extension or a resubmission rather than just fail you completely. Plus most places tend to do it by if you hand in an assignment late on the day of the deadline you lose 5% of your mark, and if you hand it in within a week of the deadline you lose 10% of your mark but you're best bet is to ask your lecturers
Reply 3
They've said that if I submit the assignment up to 24 hours late it will be capped at 40% and it cannot be submitted after the 24 hours, will I likely fail the module if I am not able to submit the assignment?
Reply 4
Will most likely fail, yeah.

At my uni, they don't accept any submissions after the deadline and no submission means failing the unit (depending on how many coursework essays there are per unit).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
They've said that if I submit the assignment up to 24 hours late it will be capped at 40% and it cannot be submitted after the 24 hours, will I likely fail the module if I am not able to submit the assignment?

that will most likely result in fail, unless you are unable to submit work due to medical reasons

You'll be given another piece of coursework to do around the summer exam period to hand in at a later date and unless you can provide extenuating circumstances (typically only accept 2 circumstances which is you've been hit by a bus or someone in your family has died) then it is capped at 40% for that piece of coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending