The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

If World War 3 kicks off! We need an equal number of women on the front line.......

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear

stand and deliver
:bee:

My Syrian sisters fighting isis on the front lines are 1000x better. Khalas bear
Original post by queen-bee
My Syrian sisters fighting isis on the front lines are 1000x better. Khalas bear

no burkas to get in the way

no burkas to get in the way

Lol who wears a burka on the front lines? Ain't nobody got times for that.
Original post by queen-bee
Lol who wears a burka on the front lines? Ain't nobody got times for that.

Nah,I don't see the hype.
Original post by NI30241834
Im suggesting that these facts show that women in infantry units is a bad idea, and yes as a matter of fact those males who fail to reach the required standard do face disciplinary action and those that injure themselves beyond repair are indeed medically discharged.

Then the same can happen to women.
Im not a sexist or misogynistic pig in any way ive stated facts and opinions based on my own personal expirience i now females in the army and many are good soldiers however the demands of frontline infantry soldiering make the vast majority of women unsuited to the role.

In the event of a war requiring mass conscription it's pretty redundant whether people are suited or not: they go, end of.

However, as that will likely never be the case, the point is redundant. Yes, the majority won't be there. But then the majority of men won't be either.

The army is currently 10% female, so that means about ~9000 soldiers. A lot of whom work on or very near to the front line with no issues. There's no reason whatsoever that this practise can't continue.
Reply 47
Original post by yudothis
Then the same can happen to women.

Of course it can and it does. However that dosnt change the fact that women are nearly twice as likley to suffer a career ending injury.
Of course it can and it does. However that dosnt change the fact that women are nearly twice as likley to suffer a career ending injury.

And I dare say American footballers are twice as likely to suffer permanent damage than other sportspeople.

Should we ban American football?
Reply 49
And I dare say American footballers are twice as likely to suffer permanent damage than other sportspeople.

Should we ban American football?

Dont be daft. It dosnt cost the taxpayer thousands of pounds to train an american footballer yet to train a soldier it does and if half of those are kicked out due to injury it is a loss to the taxpayer.
Dont be daft. It dosnt cost the taxpayer thousands of pounds to train an american footballer yet to train a soldier it does and if half of those are kicked out due to injury it is a loss to the taxpayer.

Technically it does as they tend to learn how to play at school, before getting scholarships to a university. Who pays for schools? The taxpayer.

So this is a cost exercise?

Now that would be the first actual argument you have brought up.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
When the USA coalition cant eradicate a couple of thousand desert dwellers, it tells us the mechanised armour isnt everything

Those "desert dwellers" have a common look with civilians. It's hard for them to distinguish between terrorist and civilians. It isn't due to mechanised armour being weak.
I bet many a female IDF soldier would butt-rape you and your mates.

Maybe. :cool:
Still female IDF soldiers have no combat roles in infantry and armored brigades.
Reply 54
Want to!?? What do you mean sonshine? There is no picking and choosing during war. Our sisters and daughters will join our men on the merciless limb strewn bloody battlefields

Sunshine*
Want to!?? What do you mean sonshine? There is no picking and choosing during war. Our sisters and daughters will join our men on the merciless limb strewn bloody battlefields

Feminism and equal rights ftw!
Original post by Bill_Gates
If World War 3 kicks off! We need an equal number of women on the front line.......

Do you guys agree?

Great plan.Instead of one sex killing each other we can now have both sexes doing it.Double the stupidity.What could go wrong?
If WWIII ever happens, the state of the infantry isn't going to matter in the long run.

Brutally as long as standards are kept consistent and a woman is able to pass them there isn't a reason to keep her from serving. Any arguments againt them serving based on their physical and mental capabilities are negated by having consistent standards, and the arguments against them serving based around the discipline or emotions of current male soldiers are basically slightly altered versions of the arguments against black people serving alongside white people or the arguments against LGBT soldiers from serving openly in the military and all of them were found to be bogus.
Aye if they're just as physically and mentally capable as the men then yeah they should be able to fight.

There shouldn't be a WW3 though. It would be a disaster everyone would just threaten each other with their advanced weapons and technology it would just be a repeat of the Cold War. Nuclear weapons would wipe out nearly everyone if used. Then some of us would wake up from a cryogenic sleep in vaults 200 years later and search for lost family members.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btw what do we categorise as the front line?
Why do we need half of them to be women?

Has anyone explained this?

As people have pointed out WW3 if it ever happened would be quite a different sort of war.

Latest

Trending

Trending