Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To many people memory is how they get through days...when things are done...the way we learn...how we experience life...the way we sit, stand, sit, stand, and walk to one rythem....
    If we only stopped to think...the day could get even nicer...our lifes a little bit more exciting...education more important, but it might actually stay with us longer....our decisions might actually be good.

Notice: this is just a thought, and I wanted to get it out there to see what others may think.

ReputationRep:
    Memory has to do with how we learn?? :confused: Weird.

Be honest now; you're drunk, yes? (please?)

ReputationRep:
    I think this rates a 7.2 on the "WTF" scale... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ixivxivi)

hahahahaha

memory is great, can be hurtful and triggering though. And when they fade what the **** do we have left? nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)
    hahahahaha

memory is great, can be hurtful and triggering though. And when they fade what the **** do we have left? nothing.
    This is partially what I was getting at. I had a conversation with an instructer earlier in the day and she wanted to abandon our usual study habits of remembering and open our minds to thinking. She also said some other stuff about how thinking was good in another way...after that I started thinking and put together this post....okay, okay its not that good of a post, but still. A lot of people today go through things...days...classes...rememb ering or trying to remember what is happening around them, whats happening to them, etc. (Note: this is a law course that I am taking) We go to school many times for remembering things, but many of that stuff doesnt even stay with us...after many courses, the information might just go...and what does stay could very well be seen simply as being similar to "2+2=5". Through out our work, even regular day life we remember simply as things are as they are (okay not everyone lives like this, but maybe some...and again Im going off of a whim here...like an experiment to see if it could actually be true), but when we get into a scramble, something to create panic, people are stuck...but what haoppened to our memory? And we are told that something is the way it is...we never understand why...how does it work, is there only one way to make it work, what possibilities are out there? Creativity, perhaps, is limited if not completely shut down. And so we are stuck, in a way, in a box.

Welcome....to the darkside of the moon I was thinking about this song all day...maybe it fits.

ReputationRep:

the best way to learn something is not neccessarily remembering, but by thinking...why is something this way, how does it work, can there be another way to get to the top of a mountain, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop, etc. Memory alone and your stuck...similar to a computer because you only know up to that point...you'll need to completely understand it..you need to digest it...and by thinking...you open more possabilities.

ReputationRep:
    My memory is whack, yo.
    Just like this thread.

I have no idea what he is on about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thereal da_nolo)
    To many people memory is how they get through days...when things are done...the way we learn...how we experience life...the way we sit, stand, sit, stand, and walk to one rythem....
    If we only stopped to think...the day could get even nicer...our lifes a little bit more exciting...education more important, but it might actually stay with us longer....our decisions might actually be good.

Notice: this is just a thought, and I wanted to get it out there to see what others may think.
    If we stop thinking we can not be human.

ReputationRep:
    I spend the majority of my time not thinking . Unfortunatly once you conciously try not to think not thinking becomes difficult.

ReputationRep:
    But why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    But why?
    reverse phsycology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thereal da_nolo)
    This is partially what I was getting at. I had a conversation with an instructer earlier in the day and she wanted to abandon our usual study habits of remembering and open our minds to thinking. She also said some other stuff about how thinking was good in another way...after that I started thinking and put together this post....okay, okay its not that good of a post, but still. A lot of people today go through things...days...classes...rememb ering or trying to remember what is happening around them, whats happening to them, etc. (Note: this is a law course that I am taking) We go to school many times for remembering things, but many of that stuff doesnt even stay with us...after many courses, the information might just go...and what does stay could very well be seen simply as being similar to "2+2=5". Through out our work, even regular day life we remember simply as things are as they are (okay not everyone lives like this, but maybe some...and again Im going off of a whim here...like an experiment to see if it could actually be true), but when we get into a scramble, something to create panic, people are stuck...but what haoppened to our memory? And we are told that something is the way it is...we never understand why...how does it work, is there only one way to make it work, what possibilities are out there? Creativity, perhaps, is limited if not completely shut down. And so we are stuck, in a way, in a box.

Welcome....to the darkside of the moon I was thinking about this song all day...maybe it fits.
    Aha! Pink Floyd? This may well explain it - they're not good for the general sanity, in my experience.

ReputationRep:
    Aha! Pink Floyd? This may well explain it - they're not good for the general sanity, in my experience.
    lol!
    oh Im just having a bit of fun...
    but do people get the general idea? yhe basic idea behind it?
    (NOTE: I did say the words general and basic, and ment them)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joric)
    If we stop thinking we can not be human.
    so correct...without thought...we would mearly be machines.... and with out amosions too..."without it...without love, without anger, without sorrow...breath is just a clock ticking"

...nice line from equilibrium for you all

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.