The Student Room Group

Added a former bully on Facebook, how to proceed?

So I left school a decade ago.

I was browsing on Facebook and seen this guy who was like a bully.

I remember him taking the piss out of me behind my back to his friends years ago
and he probably thought I was weird and stupid.

He also added me on msn messenger with the purpose of being nice to me and
then talking to his friends then taking the piss out of me.

I also remember him giving my two friends a Christmas card and not giving me
one and my sister said when she walked past him he said something nasty to her.

I only added him to show I've gone further than him (I've studied Comp Science & a programmer now), while he studied at college and is a mechanic.

I'm thinking about deleting him as a friend and not blocking him,

What would you do in my situation? Knowing he used to take the piss behind my
back and said something nasty to my sister when she walked past?
Reply 1
thats not really bullying
This happened a decade ago?

The dude probably changed since then. Maybe he wants to make up for being such an ********?

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
So I left school a decade ago.

I was browsing on Facebook and seen this guy who was like a bully.

I remember him taking the piss out of me behind my back to his friends years ago
and he probably thought I was weird and stupid.

He also added me on msn messenger with the purpose of being nice to me and
then talking to his friends then taking the piss out of me.

I also remember him giving my two friends a Christmas card and not giving me
one and my sister said when she walked past him he said something nasty to her.

I only added him to show I've gone further than him (I've studied Comp Science & a programmer now), while he studied at college and is a mechanic.

I'm thinking about deleting him as a friend and not blocking him,

What would you do in my situation? Knowing he used to take the piss behind my
back and said something nasty to my sister when she walked past?

In the employment prospect department you may have gone further, but if he's still on your mind to a point where you feel like you need to add him just for the sake of bragging rights, I'm afraid you haven't won. He's seemingly moved on with his life, while you're analysing his. Just leave it be.
Reply 4
He was an idoit, total idoit.

I'm sure if somebody messes with your sister/brother/family member you want to set the record straight.

BTW I just texted my friend who he used to converse too and he has just informed that when he used to talk to him about me, the guy used to say I was "thick" and "I've got no chance of uni".

Also I was bullied at school and he didn't give a toss, he used to laugh at it all.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
He was an idoit, total idoit.

I'm sure if somebody messes with your sister/brother/family member you want to set the record straight.

BTW I just texted my friend who he used to converse too and he has just informed that when he used to talk to him about me, the guy used to say I was "thick" and "I've got no chance of uni".

Also I was bullied at school and he didn't give a toss, he used to laugh at it all.

It takes up more of your energy to remain angry than it does to forgive and move on. He sounds like he was a bit of a prick but a lot of kids that age are. Doesn't make it excusable but it happens. It doesn't sound like he really full on bullied you. I would just delete him and get on with your life.
Delete. Delete. You don't need that negativity in your life.
And having him will maybe remind you of those times.
Whether he's changed or not, I would delete tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending