The Student Room Group

Little Things: Would you want your girlfriend to tell you this?

So I'm with someone (who unfortunately I don't get to see very often) but I knew him for a long time before we started seeing each other.

One week I got very upset after not hearing from said partner for over a week (everything got sorted in the end). However, at the time, I was understandably cut up about it.

So I messaged a male friend about what had happened between me and the man I'm with (who he knows as an aquaintance) and how upset I was that he hadn't spoken to me (disclaimer: I didn't sleep with him). I said how it had really affected my self esteem etc. Obviously, I was expecting this friend (who, btw, has a girlfriend) to be mature about the whole thing. He told me not to worry and no need for me to have low self esteem. And then he said that he'd thought about me multiple times while masturbating and then told me that he was touching himself as I was speaking to him and then asked to video call me. My head was just like wtf?? In no way did I lead him on and I've never expressed that type of interest in him. The whole reason I was speaking to him was because I was upset about someone else.

Anyway, I told him not to video call me. Then he apologised and said "sorry for telling you all that". I just sort of brushed it off saying it was fine (it was not fine), just unexpected.

Less than 1 min later, he starts video calling me. Obvs I didn't respond to it. Then he says "oops, sorry" -_- I told him don't be a dickhead by trying to video chat with girls.

He asked me if I wanted to come see him at his house. I said no I think it'd be bit weird (esp. given what he'd just been saying). Then he says "Why? Do you think I'd try to **** you or something? I wouldn't... Well I would but I know you wouldn't be up for it".

Anway, I just felt weird about it. Other than that, he is usually a really good friend.

I don't know if I should tell the guy I'm seeing. I know I didn't do anything wrong but I almost feel as though I'm lying to him about something. I also feel bad because the whole reason that conversation took place was because I was talking about him. I'm worried he'll think that I must have said something to lead him on or make him say those things to me.

Idk, my conscience is eating at me once again. Do you think Im just overreacting and should just forget about it?

Would you want your gf to tell you or would you rather not know / not be bothered?

Thanks for any replies.
If I was told I'd probably expose said guy to his gf for the lols, so I guess I'd rather be told for the potential entertainment value...
Original post by iheartplums
So I'm with someone (who unfortunately I don't get to see very often) but I knew him for a long time before we started seeing each other.

One week I got very upset after not hearing from said partner for over a week (everything got sorted in the end). However, at the time, I was understandably cut up about it.

So I messaged a male friend about what had happened between me and the man I'm with (who he knows as an aquaintance) and how upset I was that he hadn't spoken to me (disclaimer: I didn't sleep with him). I said how it had really affected my self esteem etc. Obviously, I was expecting this friend (who, btw, has a girlfriend) to be mature about the whole thing. He told me not to worry and no need for me to have low self esteem. And then he said that he'd thought about me multiple times while masturbating and then told me that he was touching himself as I was speaking to him and then asked to video call me. My head was just like wtf?? In no way did I lead him on and I've never expressed that type of interest in him. The whole reason I was speaking to him was because I was upset about someone else.

Anyway, I told him not to video call me. Then he apologised and said "sorry for telling you all that". I just sort of brushed it off saying it was fine (it was not fine), just unexpected.

Less than 1 min later, he starts video calling me. Obvs I didn't respond to it. Then he says "oops, sorry" -_- I told him don't be a dickhead by trying to video chat with girls.

He asked me if I wanted to come see him at his house. I said no I think it'd be bit weird (esp. given what he'd just been saying). Then he says "Why? Do you think I'd try to **** you or something? I wouldn't... Well I would but I know you wouldn't be up for it".

Anway, I just felt weird about it. Other than that, he is usually a really good friend.

I don't know if I should tell the guy I'm seeing. I know I didn't do anything wrong but I almost feel as though I'm lying to him about something. I also feel bad because the whole reason that conversation took place was because I was talking about him. I'm worried he'll think that I must have said something to lead him on or make him say those things to me.

Idk, my conscience is eating at me once again. Do you think Im just overreacting and should just forget about it?

Would you want your gf to tell you or would you rather not know / not be bothered?

Thanks for any replies.

I'd just let it go tbf, he was being a horny d!ckhead and thought he could take advantage of you-he probably thought you was in need of male company. This paired with his hornyness means he wanted a quick shag.

Anyways I commend you for doing the right thing, your a great girlfriend especially considering that you and your partner rarely see each other. Kudos to you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending