Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just a question for all you current uni students really or for anyone who knows someone whos seen someone really amazing at their uni.
    im just getting excited about the bands who may come and play when im down in southampton!!

ReputationRep:
    For me the best was Boy Kill Boy, not necessarily the most famous but they were great live.

ReputationRep:
    this thread can apply to any famous people who have just been to visit your uni that you have seen aswell...

ReputationRep:
    Alan Fletcher

ReputationRep:
    wow, im jealous, i think you win already!!

Best band I have seen at my uni was Turin Brakes. We don't get many at all. In fact that was the only band I went to see. Others just happened to be playing at the union when I was there like Boy Kill Boy at our poor excuse for a freshers ball and Fedde Le Grand at something random..

ReputationRep:
    Westwood was the DJ at one of the balls in my first year

ReputationRep:
    We've had Six Nation State and a couple of famous DJs like Scott Mills and some blonde woman whose name escapes me.

ReputationRep:
    Boy Kill Boy. And Vengaboys.

ReputationRep:
    About a year and a half ago, i went to see Bloodhound Gang at the Uni i'm going to in September :p: Haha, they were great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cessie)
    Boy Kill Boy. And Vengaboys.
    You win

ReputationRep:
    ocean colour scene and the automaitc, just before monster was released, random djs aswell,

ReputationRep:
    Baaaaaaaaaaabyshaaaambles
    Hehe also The Ordinary Boys / The Long Blondes / The Klaxons [boo!] / Patrick Wolf / HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT hehe
    Aside from actually at the uni-based gigs I've seen The Arcade Fire & went to Versus Cancer which was The Charlatans, Ian Brown, Echo and The Bunnymen, Paul Weller, Mani etc - big Mancy thing really hehe

ReputationRep:
    Bloc Party came to Exeter, but I didn't see them, because that kind of music doesn't interest me. They're probably the best/most famous in terms of mainstream.

In the past we've also had Javine and The Foundations :rolleyes:

The best one I personally saw, though, was Brendan Benson, who was just amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Not personally seen them, but we've had the Magic Numbers, Kaiser Chiefs, Young Knives, Klaxons, and several others. Westwood DJ'd one of the fresher's nights at a local club and was, apparently, rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Rolf Harris played at my brothers uni a couple of years ago

ReputationRep:
    ive seen Opeth twice and also Trivium at Exeter Uni, but i dont actually go to the uni

Exeter has had quite a few pretty popular bands

ReputationRep:
    Amerie is performing at our freshers @ Warwick.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    In the next month, Hot Hot Heat, Babyshambles, and Plain White T's are playing my uni.

ReputationRep:
    I believe Wheatus are coming in Sep, I remember them.

Also, not really a band, but Timmy Mallet is also visiting. *cough*

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.