Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right last week ago i got accepted onto an undergraduate degree Religious Studies course at Lancaster university but me being a bit lazy have not done anything about getting accomodation and about to start doing enquiring about accomodation tomorrow can anyone tell me if it is now too late to get accomodation or enquire about accomodation for myself at University.

ReputationRep:
    OK, are you saying you got an offer from Lancaster, which was confirmed last week, or that you got in through clearing?
    If Lancs was your first choice, you would have been asked to apply for accommodation about 2 months ago. You would then be guaranteed a place on campus in a college. Did you not do that?
    If you didn't apply, or have got your place through clearing, then you will not get on campus accommodation as there is a bit of a shortage this year. You need to get onto LUSU (Student Union) housing urgently and start house hunting. I believe they are organising house search days in September for homeless freshers - details on the uni website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizj)
    OK, are you saying you got an offer from Lancaster, which was confirmed last week, or that you got in through clearing?
    If Lancs was your first choice, you would have been asked to apply for accommodation about 2 months ago. You would then be guaranteed a place on campus in a college. Did you not do that?
    If you didn't apply, or have got your place through clearing, then you will not get on campus accommodation as there is a bit of a shortage this year. You need to get onto LUSU (Student Union) housing urgently and start house hunting. I believe they are organising house search days in September for homeless freshers - details on the uni website.
    Yes Lancaster was my first choice but was not asked i think about application concerning accomodation

ReputationRep:
    Ring the accommodation officer today. I am sure you must have had an accommodation pack earlier in the year - are you sure you didn't send a form in stating choice of college etc?
    You need to know urgently whether or not you have a place on campus.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.