Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As I sit here in a toga with the new name "Octavia" (as my niece and I have just cooked and eaten a roman feast and later we will watch Gladiator), I was just wondering what everyone else is up to.
    I think I get full points for creativity today: making menus, roman design paper plates, making togas, doing hairstyles, cooking honey and nut cakes and other roman lunch things etc. Must go and be fed grapes now... hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    As I sit here in a toga with the new name "Octavia" (as my niece and I have just cooked and eaten a roman feast and later we will watch Gladiator), I was just wondering what everyone else is up to.
    I think I get full points for creativity today: making menus, roman design paper plates, making togas, doing hairstyles, cooking honey and nut cakes and other roman lunch things etc. Must go and be fed grapes now... hehe
    Hmm sounds like fun....Octavia.

I have started reading Lord of The Rings for the first time in my life.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like fun!

But Ive just been watching the Rugby Union tri-nations, AUS -V- Sth Africa... it was a very exciting game!!! and I love Clyde Rathbone!

ReputationRep:
    I will be sitting on the computer all day. I may go out to the cinema though, if I can be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Blissy

today I'm practising piano and will probably go out later. I have just given my cousin a piano lesson :rolleyes: . Sounds like you had fun with your Roman feast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    Hmm sounds like fun....Octavia.

I have started reading Lord of The Rings for the first time in my life.
    Excellent, keep with it, some boring bits will comel, but they do not last.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I remember our Roman unit in Ancient History, we all got new names, but the only guy in our class was called 'Pater' as in Pater Familias... the sole guy in charge of 'protecting us' hilarious!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go back into the back garden in a min to get a tan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    ie- Sam and Frodo... *snore*

ReputationRep:

Everyones been telling me I should read it for ages but I never got round to it. But now its summer I finally have time to do the things I never had time to do. It beats getting a summer job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I'm going to go back into the back garden in a min to get a tan.
    I have my laptop and wireless connection thingy all sorted out now, so the temptation to do that AND take the computer is just tooooo much! (don't think my niece will mind, she had no objections to the microwave or DVD player )

ReputationRep:
    I will be sitting on the computer all day. I may go out to the cinema though, if I can be bothered.
    How disturbingly close to my plan for the day.
    Debating whether to see Thunderbirds or King Arthur, not expecting great things from either.

ReputationRep:
    and im going to bed! Goodnight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    Debating whether to see Thunderbirds or King Arthur, not expecting great things from either.
    Personally I would go for King Arthur, although I have seen neither so I wouldn't really know :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    I would choose king arthur, thunderbirds is meh.

ReputationRep:
    Blissy did you hear about the dyslexic who went to a toga party?

He went dressed as a goat.

*chuckle*

Oh and I'll probably take the dog out and idle the day away snacking and hiding from the sun.

Gimp

ReputationRep:
    Staying on the PC. Eating and trying to recover from a nightmare trip back from italy last night.

ReputationRep:
    Is that what you do for fun? I heard that the Romans got up to a lot of depraved trouble so that could give you some ideas...

As for me, most of my mates aren't around: one's in New Zealand, another one's in Paris and the others are dispersed elsewhere so looks like I'll just lay around the garden as I can't be bothered going to the beach.

ReputationRep:
    well i burnt my finger while trying to straighten my hair
    been packing coz am going away!
    and im off to the airport later....yeey!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going out to Hampstead Heath with some mates a frisbee and some beers later when its not so hot.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.