?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Discuss.
Diego Costa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Terrible in the league, great in the cups. Ironically the opposite was true when he was in England.
IamJacksContempt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Turns out... I was right.

Surprise surprise.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Reckon he's already been told he's being kicked out for Nagelsmann next summer.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol, nothing said when he tanked a team out of the CL 10-2... or that doesn't matter anymore?
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He's good at improving morale and team spirit. Fine for a season or two after a tactical manager has set up the squad but I don't think he can do it himself.
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
He's good at improving morale and team spirit. Fine for a season or two after a tactical manager has set up the squad but I don't think he can do it himself.
Yeah, that was the narrative of his time at Real. Rafa instilled the discipline but made the players unhappy, Carlo came in and loosened things up and they were rampant, but long term he's not strict enough.

I think possibly with the way the game is going he's going to struggle because teams are becoming so organised, even creative players have demand placed upon them defensively.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fizzel)
Yeah, that was the narrative of his time at Real. Rafa instilled the discipline but made the players unhappy, Carlo came in and loosened things up and they were rampant, but long term he's not strict enough.

I think possibly with the way the game is going he's going to struggle because teams are becoming so organised, even creative players have demand placed upon them defensively.
Assume you mean Jose instead of Rafa.

One thing I think ancelotti always had a problem with was rebuilding a team. In general he'd let the players get old and won't replace them with quality, up until now robbery have not been replaced... he had the chance to improve douglas Costa instead he reverts to type in big games last season.

Same goes for Coman.
Fizzel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
Assume you mean Jose instead of Rafa.

One thing I think ancelotti always had a problem with was rebuilding a team. In general he'd let the players get old and won't replace them with quality, up until now robbery have not been replaced... he had the chance to improve douglas Costa instead he reverts to type in big games last season.

Same goes for Coman.
Yeah getting wrapped up my own thoughts. Jumped to thinking how that was also supposedly the narrative when Zidane initially took over from Rafa too. A lot of people doubting his tactical credentials which is clearly nonsense looking at it now.

All the people on twitter I follow for German football seem to be suggesting he's a dead man walking right now.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bayern Munich will make an announcement about the future of coach Carlo Ancelotti later on Thursday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41429526

Lol guess he's sacked then. Who will they appoint as a replacement?
mojojojo101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fizzel)
Yeah getting wrapped up my own thoughts. Jumped to thinking how that was also supposedly the narrative when Zidane initially took over from Rafa too. A lot of people doubting his tactical credentials which is clearly nonsense looking at it now.

All the people on twitter I follow for German football seem to be suggesting he's a dead man walking right now.
and he's gone...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tti-sacked-psg
King Leonidas
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
IamJacksContempt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can't last more than 2 seasons anywhere apparently.

At least Jose makes it to 3 seasons.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IamJacksContempt)
Can't last more than 2 seasons anywhere apparently.

At least Jose makes it to 3 seasons.
Ngl looking back at his Chelsea days, I understand why he was sacked.
Aky786UK
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To win three Champions Leagues is a fantastic achievement but as a manager who is often described in the higher echelons of football management, he only has four league titles to show for it.

He's adept at working with big players with huge egos because he is so amenable, that's why they speak so highly of him. You can see that in how he deals with the media that, at times, especially at Chelsea was endearing. He was able to have success by being able to guide his teams in the CL however he struggles to keep league form title winning.

He was the perfect man after Mourinho at Real and Bayern, after the intensive approach by Pep felt he'd keep things ticking over until they felt confident to lure Nagelsmann (who is likely to arrive in the summer) but Ancelotti's methods have dissipated quickly than normal. That low intensity training probably left players longing for Pep.

Carlo will either up at Milan or if he's mad enough to be under the ownership of the Dildo Brothers at West Ham
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.8%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.34%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.66%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.69%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.26%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.67%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (80)
10.8%
Financial worries (50)
6.75%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.21%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.24%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.58%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.69%

Watched Threads