The Student Room Group

The Truth About The Alt Right Movement.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zetamcfc
Who would you class as on the alt-right?

Identitarian collectivists/social Darwinists because they have a compulsion to bring every issue back to race.

On a side note why do you have Ted Kaczynski as your avatar?
(edited 7 years ago)
They've created a group mentality where anybody left wing or who disagrees with them is the enemy. They like to sound tough by calling every cucks and other phrases their insecure followers repeat online. (Insulting someone continuously just sounds like you're losing and have no real answer)

People just repeating the exact same phrases they've heard others say is a sign the person isn't worth debating with.

To disagree or give your view on something that agree with theirs angers them beyond belief. You can't have a construcive conversation with them anyway.

Almost all political ideologies raise fair points that are worth listening to and thinking about. Even if you end up disagreeing. I can the see validity of arguments from both the right and left wing. But for the alt right, they're too insecure to admit the other person may have a point. They debate to simply "win" and feel good about themselves.

I think this is why the idea of white supremacy appeals to many of them, it's something to hold on to, that allows them to convince each other they're better than everyone else.

There's a lot of issues in this world. It's not down to one reason or group of people. There's so many factors and there's no clear solution. Having different views and debating allows us to try and find solutions and help take our country forward. But there's no room for a group of insecure guys that shout nonsense and refuse to listen in all this.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Orbital Rising
Identitarian collectivists/social Darwinists because they have a compulsion to bring every issue back to race.

On a side note why do you have Ted Kaczynski as your avatar?

I like his mathematics and have sympathy for his ideas on technology even though I don't agree with him.
Original post by zetamcfc
I like his mathematics and have sympathy for his ideas on technology even though I don't agree with him.

Fair enough. I too can find merit in some of his writings even if he was a psychopath.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending