The Student Room Group

I want to drop out of college and do beauty and makeup courses?

I go to one of the best colleges in the country , i just started in september studying sociology,business and economics . All im getting is E's and D's i dont understand any of the work everyone seems smarter than me , i dont talk to anyone in any of my classes it dosent seem like a place for me . Ive been doing my makeup since i was 13 and have also done it on other people and always get complimented on it and told that i have a "talent" , i really want to drop out of my current college and join a beauty therapy course and do something that im good at . I dont want to dissapoint my mum she always tells her friends how i got into a good college this and that , i just feel that if i dont take A levels people will treat me like im stupid . I dont know what to do
First things first - Do what you love not what other people want you to do. If people are so closed minded as to think that being a beautician or make-up artists is 'beneath' you (or them) then that's their problem not yours. Make-up artistry is respected and quite glamorous at the elite level anyway. There are so many things you can go on to do with it! If you stay small-league you can open up an independent salon and be self employed, and that comes with a whole host of benefits too.

I don't think I've ever met an unfulfilled beautician or make up artist. A bit skint maybe, but none of them want to leave the industry!

If you're just going to fail your a-levels because you're not engaged then it's a waste anyway; The government will only fund you to do them once.Plus, If you decide later you want to do the academic thing you can do it then anyway. I'm going back to education at 25 after a decade of creative flouncery in the performing arts!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending